Minecraft sever.log does not exist.

jmuirhead20

Hello, minecraft web console does not work for me, I get the error "The log file 'server.log' does not exist. I was looking around and saw a script that deleted it in the custom scripts. I have to manually create the server.log each time, and so I wanted to know if somebody could help me create a script, as i am new to tcadmin and linux as well. Even if i manually create the log the console stays white and the commands don't register. Thank you in advance. If you need more info let me know.

The server should create the file automaticly. Remove the auto delete script and check the permissions of the minecraft server.jar they should be 754

Before checking the permissions click the Repair button (location is found on the screenshot that I uploaded) and see if that works

repair.jpg.d747a6203640697a3503ab1efb206ccf.jpg

Edited by wirs

The server should create the file automaticly. Remove the auto delete script and check the permissions of the minecraft server.jar they should be 754

Before checking the permissions click the Repair button (location is found on the screenshot that I uploaded) and see if that works

Where would I find the server.jar permissions? I already repaired the file system permissions and get access denied. Sorry I'm still learning tcadmin.

Well the easy way to check the permission would be to use you favourite ftp program and go to the location of the jar. In filezilla for example you can view and set the permissions by right-clicking on the file and selecting "File Permissions...".

Or you could always log into to your server over ssh (using putty for example) and use

chmod xxx /home/tcagame/user/servernumber/nameofethe.jar

replace xxx by the permissions number 754 for default tcadmin settings

YOu said you get access denied when repairing... how come ? are you logged in as admin?