Firewall or something else?

aurum5000

Hi everybody,

I am stuck with firewall or maybe something else, no idea what it is.

Windows 2012 R2, fresh install, completely updated

examples:

If I create "default Minecraft" with TCA2, it makes folders, configs and it runs.

It will make even rules for inbound connection, but whatever I do, I cant connect to it from outside. Got same problem with Project Zomboid and Ark. I can see Ark server in steam browser, cant log in. I have updated Ark several times, just to be sure. So problem is...

Auto firewall rule does exist, game runs, cant connect to it from outside, Minecraft, Craftbukkit, Ark.

Hard piece was ROK ( Reign of Kings ) to make it run, but I did it.

Thank you very much for reading this and your time.

king regards Aurum

• 4 weeks later...

There's two ways to run java/minecraft.

Drop java itself in minecraft and have TCAdmin run it from that.(Preferred, sort of sandboxed.)

Or if you use default TCAdmin style; it will use the java in Program Files.

You will have to forward this java.exe in Windows Firewall for it to be available.

There's two ways to run java/minecraft.

Drop java itself in minecraft and have TCAdmin run it from that.(Preferred, sort of sandboxed.)

Or if you use default TCAdmin style; it will use the java in Program Files.

You will have to forward this java.exe in Windows Firewall for it to be available.

its very strange i have forwarded java in the firewall and also made the .bat but my server still get pid0 :S

Keep in mind that depending on what Minecraft versions you run they might require different Java versions.

Example: A vanilla install might use any old java version, whereas FTB might want the latest, or even the 64 bit version to run.

There are multiple versions of Java under both the 32 bit and 64 bit platforms that can be used.

I ran into this issue myself when running FTB on a server. An update came out and it broke it. I had to use a specific 64bit version of Java for it to start :|