Vent License

mystycs

• 1 month later...

Why is it hard to get one?

Because no matter how many people have licenses the same number of total slots are going to be sold.

Its not like by giving me or you a licenses they will sell more slots. So in that view, why have more customers to support rather then less.

The long and short of it coming from one of the early license holders..

Most companies that have licenses have been selling ventrilo long before the restriction was put in place and always made it a point to pay their fees every month even though it wasn't forced because it was the right thing to do. Many folks in this business didn't see it that way and only cared about how big -their- pockets became..

Flagship doesn't forget his friends.. You guys assume it's a money thing.. It's really not.

But while I'm on the subject.. It kind of irks me that 1/2 the folks complaining about the licenses are the very same ones that given a choice wouldn't send in the money anyway.. Ironic isn't it?

I'm not implying anyone above would do this since I know most of you personally and can say that wouldn't be the case, Just a general consensus.

But while I'm on the subject.. It kind of irks me that 1/2 the folks complaining about the licenses are the very same ones that given a choice wouldn't send in the money anyway.. Ironic isn't it?

Bout the same feeling I have towards all the Teamspeak thieves as we pay every month.

When GamingZen got their license, I made the effort to pay it half an hour of receiving the bill every month. Its such a shame they are going to destroy their name now since I am gone and they aren't doing what they can to keep it going as well as I did.

I am just glad I got to tell Flagship I was leaving before I did, so I wasnt the one that was getting the bad name. Hopefully he will remember me when I am ready to resell again in the distant future.

What is the deal with the difficulty in obtaining a vent license. To those that have obtained one, what exactly did you do? We offered to start with 10,000 slots, and still our emails went unanswered. Any tips?

Thanks, Brad

I've had the same problem so i guess i'll look at the reseller option for now as some of my customers dont like teamspeak. I dont understand why somebody wouldnt pay there slot fees when in reality it is very cheap.

I had to go and get the resellers through hurricanehost.com .. Awesome support and service. Never any downtime nor do I have login or lag issues. Great knowing someone else is hosting it and all I do it set it up and run with it.

Bryan

• 2 months later...

Perseverance.

We emailed probably once every 2 weeks for 2 months, we finally got a reply asking for our company details which we sent over. We heard nothing so kept chasing up with an email once or twice per month. Eventually, 3/4 months or so later we received the contract.

It was annoying, but we obviously didnt let it show. It's clear the ventrilo guys take their product very seriously and want to make sure hosts who have been in the business a while get accepted. They also want to see evidence of being a registered company, after all they are giving a seperate server program that the general public aren't allowed to see.

If you are professional, keen and persistant without being annoying then you will succeed ... eventually.

After the initial 1000 slot count the price is cheaper than TS. Since we got a ventrilo license we have went down to just a few hundred TS slots and several thousand Vent slots. A Ventrilo license can make your orders on game servers grow. Probably the best investment we have ever made and all it took was time.

-Paul

Archived