Citadel: Forged with Fire - Linux & Windows

BRIT

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have pretty much used the same template you provided. i have one close to it but used to use citadelserver.exe but now i use the Citadelserver-Win64-shipping.exe. also it only happens on my OVH servers not my personal server farms. thanks

That makes seance now, with OVH you need to disable the firewall on the server and then the game firewall will take over and you will be able to see your first server because i installed a server from blank and it's working fine.

Click on your IP tab under your servers and click Enable Firewall and it will come up as Disabled and it will allow your servers to show, don't panic with disabling this option because you have your game firewall in place and you can always put an allowed IP range in there ;)

on your template you have a custom port opening.Why no reference to it?

Query Port Expression: $[service.GamePort] +10

RCon Port Expression:

Custom Port 1 Expression: $[service.GamePort] +20

Custom Port 2 Expression:

Ours is game port lets say 27035 and query port of 27036. that is only ones listed. with and increment of 10

No that's wrong bro and it should not be like that in the xml file, give me a min.

I have given you an old config, i will upload a new config but also give you the changes you need to make to your config. Also i thought it was only blocking on your OVH servers and not your own. I am just testing my first server with the old config and i will make the changes on my testing panel and once im done i will send you the details, give me 10 mins.

Edited by BRIT

Ok, so i have tested the config i uploaded and my live config and these are the changes i require you to make to your current config and your servers will show including your first created server ;)

CHANGES:

IP & PORTS;

Game Port: 27015

Query Port: 27025

REMOVE: "Custom Port 1 Expression" (Not Sure why that port was there)

FILES & DIRECTORIES;

Relative Executable: "CitadelServer.exe"

Also please allow upto 10 minutes for the server browser to populate your servers.

Just make them changes and you will be fine, here are the screenshots from my test.

616fde771842fa459110bd8b694ba6de.png

7c0cf8b3715c7eaba38c188319117712.png

5666ad6d65813ac7c975a294947d0f0e.png

Your welcome, i will have a updated version uploaded with all the variables, configuration editor done and all the bits and pieces within a couple of hours for you guys but for now you can make them changes and your servers will work ;)

Just make the Query time longer to say 7-10 minutes and the server will look like it's going to crash or has but just leave alone for upto 10 mins and it will stabilize and you won't have to restart. Because the game is so early it's very hard to work with but just leave the server once created and it will come to life :)

Also i am working on the server settings but it seems some don't actually work or there is no limit to them so i will just upload what i can do for now with the variables and i will keep updating when i can. I have also noticed that you can change an option so the server goes into the Official server list but your server will be global banned so i have removed that option all together.

PS, Make sure you have the port in;

Citadel\Saved\Config\WindowsServer\Engine.ini

Port=27015

This get deleted some times with my old config but i have it working fine with my new one.

Edited by BRIT

Ok i have finished the first version of the config with everything included, i will update the main post with a new config file for Linux 7 Windows and retype the post with all the information and updates coming.

Ok so after some testing with the new update i found that the server now wipes the files;

Citadel\Saved\Config\WindowsServer\Game.ini

Citadel\Saved\Config\WindowsServer\Engine.ini

But when i input the server settings into this file;

Citadel\Saved\Config\WindowsServer\GameUserSettings.ini

The information saves fine and does not get removed by the server but now i can not Query the server from the panel so there is more working out to do....

PS: i tried both exe files to boot the server with the server settings in each file and in the end it saves in GameUserSettings.ini but still can't get it to Query.