Confused About Minecraft

fjamieson

I am looking to update all our Minecraft server definitions, but based on my understanding of Windows, TCadmin etc, I find myself confused. Hope someone here can shed some light.

The traditional way to launch MC (any flavor) is using a batch file...said batch file contains all the command line options. Yet looking at the existing definitions we have in our TCadmin, we call the batch file but have additional parameters in the command line definition. So a users command line includes: "minecraft-server.bat java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar <java file> nogui"

This does not make sense as the batch contains:

<path to jave>\java.exe -server -d64 -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar <java file> nogui

So the 'command line' options (java -Xmx![Xmx]M -Xms![Xms]M -jar ![jar] nogui)

are theoretically ignored.

As a result, any time we set up a Minecraft server we have to go in and edit the batch file with the appropriate info, which seems counter productive.

Does someone have a working config file they could send me/post that I could use to update our definitions.

Thanks in advance.

Brit,

From what you are saying the batch file should only have:

<path to java>\java -server -d64

pause

the rest is passed by TCadmin?

Sorry.. the old DOS/batch file programmer in me is still confused... I dont fully understand how TCAdmin injects the command line info into the call.

Thanks

BTW: Thanks for sharing all your hard work on the game file definitions.

Brit,

From what you are saying the batch file should only have:

<path to java>\java -server -d64

pause

the rest is passed by TCadmin?

Sorry.. the old DOS/batch file programmer in me is still confused... I dont fully understand how TCAdmin injects the command line info into the call.

Thanks

BTW: Thanks for sharing all your hard work on the game file definitions.

I will send you a updated batch file in a mo, it's bad timing for me as im updating my network cards in my rack and my sites are down so bare with em and i will add one here within the hour.

With the commandline, TCAdmin does not inject it into the server files it's just start up parameters that the game server supports and if you boot a server from them parameters the game server reads them. It's the same for the batch file, basically it's a friendly way for windows to read the launch parameters (That the server is looking for on startup).

I'm not the best in explaining things, them parameters are built into the game so the commandline in TCAdmin takes the need for the commandline in the batch file but because there is no exe you need the batch there but just take the settings out and add them to TCAdmin launch parameters.