Eco

KGM6911

Thank you for the reply. You confirmed that I have no clue what i'm doing :grin: I had made a config exactly the same as that and it didn't work. I just couldn't get it to show up in game as online. After looking at yours and seeing that it's the same as mine I decided to start over. It was all because I used a different version of EcoServer than my client was on. I clicked show incompatible versions in game and sure enough my server was there. So I put the correct version in and it's working great. Thanks again!

If you create new server (over and about initial) it will be set up and running. The new ports should be +1 or whatever you set diferrent from initial.

I find that on serverlist my ping is at 1200+ range. Let serverlist grab all and then scroll to end and scroll back up. You should find second server listed. It seems to be after some time that lowerping for server gets set.

Network.eco is file to set or check ports, ip etc...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have used your config. Made loads of customisation. Works flawlessly. Just need to test few other issues with the game as the server for some reason connects via the web port not the server port. When trying to set the game port the the web port. Example 3001 3001. The server crashes. If use 300 game 3001 web port. Then I can only connect with port 3002. Think the devs need to look into it

here is my updated Config File With Many Adjustments including Config Editor Additions also ALL configuration files are editable for users so they can adjust any aspect of their server hope this helps anyone I have this running for 65 servers so ar all work perfectly...

also added a DELETE world button you need to edit the icon image yourself as left it blank on purpose so people can reset their server without having to do full reinstall

EcoServer - Windows.xml

Edited by numpty

• 6 months later...

What was told to me

Only one that sort of works is Slot Detection but you have to work around it...

It is using the total number of players that have been on your server over time rather than the active number of concurrent players.. so if your server is set for 20 slots and you have had 30 players connect over time ... failure

I am still testing this out as I only just added the Eco Server query option to my game definition.

But I am still getting "...is not responding to query" when I do the Current Activity and Stats, so trying to resolve that...

What was told to me

Only one that sort of works is Slot Detection but you have to work around it...

It is using the total number of players that have been on your server over time rather than the active number of concurrent players.. so if your server is set for 20 slots and you have had 30 players connect over time ... failure

I am still testing this out as I only just added the Eco Server query option to my game definition.

But I am still getting "...is not responding to query" when I do the Current Activity and Stats, so trying to resolve that...

Strange. Keep us updated

• 2 months later...

Back to troubleshooting ECO issues.... anyone got the appropriate settings for console output?

Edit/Update:

And how to get the WebConsole working.... getting "webserver: Failed to start" when launching the game(server) with other than server admin permissions

Edited by fjamieson

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Ok got it installed using the config but without the file download link instead copying from the server folder of a new download from steam but get this error. Anyone else had the same?

[18:44:30.559] [1] [ Info] [Eco] Failed to load server, Exception was Exception: JsonSerializationException
Message:Could not find type 'Eco.WorldGenerator.SimpleTerrainModule' in assembly 'Eco.WorldGenerator, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
Source:Newtonsoft.Json

Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializationException: Could not find type 'Eco.WorldGenerator.SimpleTerrainModule' in assembly 'Eco.WorldGenerator, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.DefaultSerializationBinder.GetTypeFromTypeNameKey(TypeNameKey typeNameKey)
   at System.Collections.Concurrent.ConcurrentDictionary`2.GetOrAdd(TKey key, Func`2 valueFactory)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.DefaultSerializationBinder.BindToType(String assemblyName, String typeName)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.ResolveTypeName(JsonReader reader, Type& objectType, JsonContract& contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, String qualifiedTypeName)

• 6 months later...