TCAdmin & WHMCS

PapaPerks

Does the Master copy of TCAdmin need to be on the same server as WHMCS?

The reason I ask is because my master server is windows server 2016 and it seems I need to run WHMCS on Linux.

I have a small VPS linux server with 2MB of Ram that my host company will put cPanel on for me. (To host the web page and run (WHMCS)

Can i run WHMCS on the small VPS independent of of my Windows master server and have the two connect? Is this a good or bad idea?

Also is a small VPS capable of running all the software to host a webpage and WHMCS at the same time?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hey Perks,

That is not necessary at all.

As long as they can communicate together (So make sure they can both communicate on the TCAdmin web ports)

They can definitely run independent, in my eyes it is even preferred.

I have a similar setup.

A small VPS should definitely be capable of that, especially when just starting out.

VPS are also easy to scale up on resources if required, so give it a go.

WHMCS can be run on windows, however a VPS to house WHMCS independent of your Master server is a good idea.

*Note* Make sure that you find out all ports that will be required to communicate between your master server and WHMCS and make sure that the VPS provider allows these ports to be open. I have seen some hosts that will not allow certain ports to be open causing issues.

Archived