Space Engineers v1.190 update problem

Satis

Hi guys.

Want to know if any of you are having the same issue as we have:

Last night SE updated to v1.190 and since then we cant start the dedicated server software anymore.

It shows as started in the task manager but stays idle at 15Mb of ram.

The console is not showing anything at all (ie. Blank screen)

There is no log made since it don't get to the point of initiating the server log.

Then just to see if it was the SE Dedicated software that was faulty, we manually created an bat file with the same commandline as one of the servers and ran that one with admin priv manually from the Server Node it self and that started the server fine. It fully loaded, we could see the console on the server desktop with all the details we normally got before the update.

We are pretty stuck atm and have to run all our servers via a bat script, which is not ideal for our use.

Any ideas ?

Just as an side node. I have a feeling this is not really an TCAdmin related issue, so just in case, I also posted an bug report on Keen Software House to see if they can elaborate on this matter.

Here is the link for the bug report.

https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/general/topic/1-190-008-se-dedicated-server-dont-start-after-update

If you have the same issue, please go upvote it on the bug report

Kind regards

Claus G. Pedersen

aka. Satis

That seems like a bug. I've never really messed with Space Engineers, but I just found an old config that I created 5 years ago, downloaded the files and installed the server. It still runs just perfectly :-)

Have you tried fixing the permissions for the service in TCAdmin?

Yeah. It does exactly the same thing as when using Local System.

This config is still very WIP so wont post it here.

I can send it to you on Skype but will first be tomorrow though at it's late here.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah we are doing the bat file atm but manually.

Funny thing is that I had Dennis looking at my new setup and it's working fine on his end with the newest update, so it's something related to tcadmin and the server it's running on.

I'm in the process of contacting Luis about it since Dennis told me that they once had something similar on one of there game setup and Luis did some magic to get it to work but he cant remember what it was.

I'll post here is it's something Luis can help with and what needs to be done

Yeah we are doing the bat file atm but manually.

I had an idea. Try starting the .bat file from TCAdmin (by setting it as the executable file).

Should look something like this:

C:\Path\To\Exe.exe $

The $ will allow the command line to be added.

Yeah I got it fixed now.

Spoke with Luis and we tried some stuff, but the only solution (well except from a bat file) was updating to the new TCAdmin update and do the Compatibility with Windows 10 and Windows Server 2019 as Dennis mentioned above and is also mentioned in the change log.

Even that we don't run win 10 or Windows Server 2019 it still works for older versions as well when having issues like this one.

Anyway, this is fixed for me now, so hope with the info I just provided, you can get your version to work as well Gotteshand