TCAdmin Community Discord

ucjohn

TCAdmin Community Discord  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a TCAdmin Community Discord

If we had a community Discord Server would you use it?
Please... I asked Luis about this the other day he said he doesnt have time to run discord. I can help set it up if someone else can help me.

IMO discord is the new modern forums everything happens on it and its super convenient

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, SHAD0WRAIDERZA said:

Please... I asked Luis about this the other day he said he doesnt have time to run discord. I can help set it up if someone else can help me.

IMO discord is the new modern forums everything happens on it and its super convenient

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Taking a community poll to discuss this topic, if @LFA is okay and on board with it and the rest of the community. I'll put one up for the the community and we will have moderators. Luis can pop in and out at his own accord

3 minutes ago, ucjohn said:

Taking a community poll to discuss this topic, if @LFA is okay and on board with it and the rest of the community. I'll put one up for the the community and we will have moderators. Luis can pop in and out at his own accord

i still think some things should stay on the forums though like game configs. we can create a webhook and when someone posts a game config it can post to discord. I am not sure how to do it with this forum software but it was easy with discourse. 

4 minutes ago, SHAD0WRAIDERZA said:

i still think some things should stay on the forums though like game configs. we can create a webhook and when someone posts a game config it can post to discord. I am not sure how to do it with this forum software but it was easy with discourse. 

It's super simple with Invision.. 

dd.png

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/9287-brilliant-discord-integration/

1 minute ago, DennisMidjord said:

@alexr03 someone else finally suggested it ?

If anything, let Alex setup the Discord server. I've seen his Discord server, and it functions pretty cool.

It would definately benefit the community, but it would also result in less activity on the forums.

We can all put input in setting it up.

I have setup multiple discords been using it since 2017 its not hard and the server will build out over time aswell. 

The forums are not extremely busy anyways and if you still redirect people to the forums for somethings then i rate it should be good.

8 minutes ago, SHAD0WRAIDERZA said:

We can all put input in setting it up.

I have setup multiple discords been using it since 2017 its not hard and the server will build out over time aswell. 

The forums are not extremely busy anyways and if you still redirect people to the forums for somethings then i rate it should be good.

It's just a community discord it's not for files or anything and support can be directed right to the billing area. I have Discord willing to make it a verified server if we go ahead with it. 

6 minutes ago, ucjohn said:

It's just a community discord it's not for files or anything and support can be directed right to the billing area. I have Discord willing to make it a verified server if we go ahead with it. 

100% agree! verified should be easy to get. 

1 hour ago, DennisMidjord said:

@alexr03 someone else finally suggested it ?

If anything, let Alex setup the Discord server. I've seen his Discord server, and it functions pretty cool.

It would definately benefit the community, but it would also result in less activity on the forums.

Ahhhh yayy! @DennisMidjord

Been asking for a Discord for a while now! After all, Discord & TCAdmin are for games haha.

I had asked for a Discord before and I didn't get a response about it ?

54 minutes ago, ucjohn said:

We won't create the discord until, we have more people to chime in with. That addon will have to wait until my payday, so the forums and discord can be integrated easily.

Yep, was about to comment that there is a addon that deals with Webhooks easily with the forums. I'm sure a discord server would be a massive improvement to this community. After all, a lot of host providers also have their own discords too especially ones that use TCAdmin,

1. LYHME
  2. Streamline
  3. GTX
  4. Low.ms

I'm sure all of them would like to join the discord and become active on the forums once again.

15 minutes ago, alexr03 said:

Ahhhh yayy! @DennisMidjord

Been asking for a Discord for a while now! After all, Discord & TCAdmin are for games haha.

I had asked for a Discord before and I didn't get a response about it ?

Yep, was about to comment that there is a addon that deals with Webhooks easily with the forums. I'm sure a discord server would be a massive improvement to this community. After all, a lot of host providers also have their own discords too especially ones that use TCAdmin,

1. LYHME
  2. Streamline
  3. GTX
  4. Low.ms

I'm sure all of them would like to join the discord and become active on the forums once again.

I'm sad Streamline should be #1 lol.. Nah I better not say that or Dennis will beat me over the head, feel free to contact me via DM @alexr03

2 hours ago, vorinandy said:

Discord sounds like a great idea! Im really liking the new forums look as well but in general discord is just easier to access in general and give a nice way for the community to help eachother out and communicate in a quick way.

We will have a list of rules, we don't want configs in there but if someone needs a hand fixing there's different story. 

Personally I think it'd be a good idea for a Discord server, however, wouldn't that take discussions away from the forums? People nowadays expect (or at least want) immediate responses which is fine, but usually instant messaging platforms take away the need for discussions on boards which is a shame.

As for the forums; it would be nice to see perhaps a different color pick for member groups. Not too sure purple for members (or a purple-colored group) quite suits the forum style. Especially pink for moderators. Although it's my own personal opinion and it may differ from others' but pink on this style theme is hideous and difficult on the eyes.

Edited by ENSGeneral

3 minutes ago, ENSGeneral said:

Personally I think it'd be a good idea for a Discord server, however, wouldn't that take discussions away from the forums? People nowadays expect (or at least want) immediate responses which is fine, but usually instant messaging platforms take away the need for discussions on boards which is a shame.

As for the forums; it would be nice to see perhaps a different color pick for member groups. Not too sure purple for members (or a purple-colored group) quite suits the forum style. Especially pink for moderators. Although it's my own personal opinion and it may differ from others' but pink on this style theme is hideous and difficult on the eyes.

The forum colors where just a hook I tried to code between discord and forums. I'll change it later as I'm in bed,  also the discord is not to take away from the forums. If it's something like configs or themes or support they'll be linked to the website. Just for a simple support question can be asked in discord limiting clutter in the forums.

1 minute ago, CloudNine said:

Discord is a community/forum killer. If one gets setup then the forums will be pushed aside. Discord also requires heavy moderation. I don't imagine it would be used effectively.

It's still up for discussion not a solid yes or no, we are allowing the community to vote and discuss how to boost the forums activity. I was thinking social media like Facebook, and Twitter as a secondary idea. 

In Today's day and age a company should have all that. Facebook, Twitter, Maybe instagram its abit meh. Discord is indeed a forum killer i 100% agree with that but everyone uses Discord but a good Example is something like Plex they have forums which are very active and a community Discord. If setup properly both forums and Discord will work.

1 hour ago, ENSGeneral said:

Personally I think it'd be a good idea for a Discord server, however, wouldn't that take discussions away from the forums?

Yes and no. I'm thinking that what's being discussed on Discord generally will be more of a chit-chat kind of thing, and big discussions would be on the forums.
And yeah, colors definately needs fixing. Looks like something from a start-2000's website ?

4 hours ago, DennisMidjord said:

Yes and no. I'm thinking that what's being discussed on Discord generally will be more of a chit-chat kind of thing, and big discussions would be on the forums.
And yeah, colors definately needs fixing. Looks like something from a start-2000's website ?

Perhaps these colors may be better suited?

<span style="color:#be5e07; font-weight: bold">Administrators</span>
<span style="color:#006A0E; font-weight: bold">">Moderators</span>
<span style="color:#003e7c; font-weight: bold">Plugin Dev</span>
<span style="color:#4387d7; font-weight: bold">Website Dev</span>

firefox_8LhAypD3yD.png.cbad2d611c2eb15109179385e3cac271.png

And leave "Members" the default color.

Edited by ENSGeneral

• ucjohn unfeatured and featured this topic
  • ucjohn unfeatured this topic
  • ucjohn locked this topic
  • ucjohn unlocked this topic