Terraria 1.4.0.4 Issues

Hya all, doe's anyone have a recent Terraria config that could help me besides teh one from 2015 in TCA 2 configs? 

I can get the web console to load, but when answering questions to build a world, it can't accept input.

When I load TShock, then it will accept input, but when connecting, it says your on the wrong version (Which I Know). 

I've loaded the Beta TShock for 1.4.0.4 v8 and it runs, but no input detection via console.

Any help would be nice

I've moved this topic to Game Server Help.

Try with the attached config and the Console Wrapper I've attached.

Text Console > Control console's input [unchecked]

Text Console > Control console's output [unchecked]

Web Console > Output: Log file

Web Console > Log File: console.log

Web Console > Input: Console commands

After start script:
Execute as the service's user [checked]

start TCAdminConsoleWrapper.exe -pid=%ThisService_Pid% -output=console.log -followcursor

Terraria_-_Windows.xml TCAdminConsoleWrapper.exe

Vanilla does not accept input, and managed output will stop it working. tModLoader can be redirected, but won't accept commands. tShock works for both input and output.

Terraria 1.4 does not show players, steam query has been removed.

Edited by mouseymars

1 hour ago, mouseymars said:

Vanilla does not accept input, and managed output will stop it working. tModLoader can be redirected, but won't accept commands. tShock works for both input and output.

Terraria 1.4 does not show players, steam query has been removed.

I don't believe Terraria has ever had steam query it was always tShock which brought a form of querying to it, and tModLoader I dont believe supports tShock at the moment too so getting all the players, etc is a struggle :L

But the console wrapper provided definitely works with console output and input as it grabs the direct output, etc. from the game server console.

On 5/27/2020 at 4:06 AM, M0RG4N said:

I don't believe Terraria has ever had steam query it was always tShock which brought a form of querying to it, and tModLoader I dont believe supports tShock at the moment too so getting all the players, etc is a struggle :L

But the console wrapper provided definitely works with console output and input as it grabs the direct output, etc. from the game server console.

tShock has the v2 web api, which works for player query.

Terraria had a -steam option previously.

Do you have a link to the project page for that code?

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...