Jump to content

MySql Manager


M0RG4N
 Share

Recommended Posts

MySql Manager


This module allows clients to manage their own mysql databases. The number of allowed databases is based from their service amount. 

 

Requirements

  • SQL Server e.g MySQL, MariaDB
  • In order for this plugin to work since it is running on your master, you must configure the user which you will be using the create databases (the one you configure the plugin to use) to allow access to the master ip address for creating user databases, etc. You can do this by executing a script such as this example to your mysql server: 
    GRANT ALL ON *.* to root@'MASTER_IP_ADDRESS' IDENTIFIED BY 'PASSWORD_HERE' with grant option;

     

Features

  • Create MySql database for services
  • Delete MySql database for services
  • Automatically delete database on service termination or reinstall
  • Automatically backup and restore database on service move
  • Reset database password
  • Link to your phpMyAdmin
  • Grid to display configured databases
  • Download MySql Database backup
  • Restore MySql Database backup

Installation

  1. Login to your TCAdmin and head to the Plugin Repository which is located in settings
  2. Click on Modules and then click the "MySql Manager" module
  3. Once the page loads click "Install Module"
  4. You will now receive a short loading wait and you should see the module has been installed successfully :)!

After the installation is complete you should now see a "MySql" button on the sidebar under "Game & Voice Management".

Configuration

To configure a MySql server for all servers within a specific datacenter to use:

  1. Go to datacenters
  2. Click a specific datacenter
  3. Enter your MySql credentials as shown in the image below, relative to your server and then hit save!:                                                                                                         
  4.  spacer.png
  5. You will need to go to Servers and then select one or more servers you would like to be using the datacenter mysql configuration, scroll down and choose "Use datacenter configuration" and then you're good to go!

           preview

 

To configure a MySql server for a specific server to use:

  1. Go to servers
  2. Click on a specific server
  3. In sever settings configure the MySql details as shown in the image below:
  4. spacer.png
  5. Hit save at the top and you're good to go!

 

Known Issues

  • None as of 1.0.8

If you find an issue or want something else implemented into this module. Please create an issue on the github page here: https://github.com/M0RG4N01/TCAdminMySqlModule/issues

Credit to @Alexr03for helping out during the development of this module! 🙂


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi! I have tried the module and it doesn't work for me.
It happens that when creating the database in the panel it is created but is not added to the list of the user's database, also it jumps an error that says "Unable to connect to the remote MySQL host. Please contact an Administrator! "

I don't know how this is possible since the database is created correctly and throws error.

Hugs and I await your response. Good module

Edit:
I use Linux Ubuntu 64 bit and MySQL Server 5.7.30

Edited by 4evergaming
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, 4evergaming said:

Hi! I have tried the module and it doesn't work for me.
It happens that when creating the database in the panel it is created but is not added to the list of the user's database, also it jumps an error that says "Unable to connect to the remote MySQL host. Please contact an Administrator! "

I don't know how this is possible since the database is created correctly and throws error.

Hugs and I await your response. Good module

Edit:
I use Linux Ubuntu 64 bit and MySQL Server 5.7.30

 

Hey! 

Please be sure that you are on the latest version: 1.0.1, in this version I made it so you can see the exact issue to why it didn't work correctly, you should see a message such as this instead:

"Uh oh, something went wrong! Please contact an Administrator (see web console for details)!" -- You can then check the web console and you should see text telling you why it failed to work. 

Usually it may be that the account you are using to create the databases in the configuration does not have the GRANT permission meaning it cannot create or grant the db user access to the database it just created. Hopefully this helps you, let me know 🙂

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi! there is an error in the versions I think .. v.1.0.1 appears dated 11-07-2020 and v1.0.2 dated 05-07-2020.

I have already installed v1.0.1 and this appears on the chrome console:

Access denied for user 'root'@'45.235.%.%' (using password: YES)

The strange thing is that I have already previously executed

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'root'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'mypw';
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

Also I have tried to connect to mysql workbench from outside the network and I can perfectly.

 

Thanks for answering

 

 

EDIT:

 

Well .. something so lazy for not creating a specific user. Do not use the root user!

I have already solved. Thank you!

Edited by 4evergaming
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi there,

I have a few queries regarding this module.

So we already have a few 100 mysql databases already using the old system provided by luis to create mysql databases on phpmyadmin.  (https://help.tcadmin.com/Automatically_Create_a_MySQL_Database)

is there any way as an admin to sync these with your module? Or do i slowly have to phase this out as customers slowly join and leave.

Kind Regards
Jack Ralph

Zenithservers.co.uk

Edited by JackRalph96
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/15/2020 at 11:59 AM, JackRalph96 said:

Hi there,

I have a few queries regarding this module.

So we already have a few 100 mysql databases already using the old system provided by luis to create mysql databases on phpmyadmin.  (https://help.tcadmin.com/Automatically_Create_a_MySQL_Database)

is there any way as an admin to sync these with your module? Or do i slowly have to phase this out as customers slowly join and leave.

Kind Regards
Jack Ralph

Zenithservers.co.uk

I will release an update shortly providing a 'Migrate' button for the clients to click to migrate any databases which were created using Luis's method

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/15/2020 at 11:59 AM, JackRalph96 said:

Hi there,

I have a few queries regarding this module.

So we already have a few 100 mysql databases already using the old system provided by luis to create mysql databases on phpmyadmin.  (https://help.tcadmin.com/Automatically_Create_a_MySQL_Database)

is there any way as an admin to sync these with your module? Or do i slowly have to phase this out as customers slowly join and leave.

Kind Regards
Jack Ralph

Zenithservers.co.uk

Just an update -- I have added migration from the old system to the new, let me know how it goes :)!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dont know if this related but once i tried to install the plugin it kept loading then it hanged. afterward the entire tcadmin stopped responding with the following errors:

"An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below."

i think the plugin stuck at some point during installation. any idea how to remove or reinstall it manually so i can check ? Full Log attached

20200721-error.log

Edited by conceptr980
File Attachment
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, conceptr980 said:

I dont know if this related but once i tried to install the plugin it kept loading then it hanged. afterward the entire tcadmin stopped responding with the following errors:

"An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below."

i think the plugin stuck at some point during installation. any idea how to remove or reinstall it manually so i can check ? Full Log attached

20200721-error.log 1.67 kB · 0 downloads

Hey,

 

When you do to the plugin repository and go to the details page of the plugin, when you select the version you have installed or tried to install it may show an 'Uninstall Module' button 

 

preview

 

If you do not see this then check this location:

C:\Program Files\TCAdmin2\ControlPanel.MVC\bin-extensions

To see if you have the module installed in there 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i installed 1.0.2 and it was working fine .. then i installed 1.0.3 without uninstalling 1.0.2. Now the entire tcadmin is broken as you can see in the attached file 😅

All what im looking for now to get tcadmin back as panel so i can debug from there but without any panel or so im useless thats why i asked if i can uninstall it manually.

 

 


 

Screenshot_2020-07-21 These columns don't currently have unique values .png

Edited by conceptr980
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, conceptr980 said:

It seems that in my case i need to repair the database in order fix table issues. Any idea if there is a database repair tool for tcadmin ?

You should be able to execute a query such as

REPAIR TABLE NAMEHERE

If you use sqlite you may need to delete the duplicate row yourself with an sqlite editor

I have spoken with Luis and he has released an update for TCAdmin, he said:

Quote

@M0RG4N 2.0.150.6 should fix that duplicate error but only if the duplicate rows are exactly the same.

You can update your TCAdmin to that version if you want 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2.0.150.6 didnt do the trick to me. Im using sqlite and its nasty compared to mysql iin term of management, could you provide a hint of how to delete those duplicated rows/rables. As im a bit confused of which tables i should be looking for since the error log is mostly not directly related.

Edited by conceptr980
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, conceptr980 said:

2.0.150.6 didnt do the trick to me. Im using sqlite and its nasty compared to mysql iin term of management, could you provide a hint of how to delete those duplicated rows/rables. As im a bit confused of which tables i should be looking for since the error log is mostly not directly related.

You need to use a sqllite manager of some sort and head to the tc_site_map table.

You then delete the row where the controller field equals `MySql`

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, conceptr980 said:

now the last issue which is minor i guess that the wizard setup guide screen is popping up in the main page while everything else looks ok . is it file related ?

Do you have a screenshot? 

I think you're talking about the TCAdmin setup wizard right? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, conceptr980 said:

nah it was just licensing and i updated it while its good now ... thanks for all the support

 

Alright great, and no problem if you have any more issues be sure to ask about them! 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, 

Please can you help me with setup your MySQL manager plugin when i have all server on same site? its possible to connect on localhost. What i mean, i dont need publish MySQL ports and PHPmyadmin bcs security reasons.

Its possible to setup in this scenario ?

Now i try local settings and public setting too but i dont have any response and MySQL manager plugin looks like on the screen


 

test.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/27/2020 at 6:42 PM, Gardiny said:

Hi, 

Please can you help me with setup your MySQL manager plugin when i have all server on same site? its possible to connect on localhost. What i mean, i dont need publish MySQL ports and PHPmyadmin bcs security reasons.

Its possible to setup in this scenario ?

Now i try local settings and public setting too but i dont have any response and MySQL manager plugin looks like on the screen


 

test.JPG

 

If your service is on the master this is possible you just configure as normal but put localhost for the host server and then your sql details.

 

Or are you trying to set it up on a remote server? Since this plugin is installed on the master it requires a user account to be able to communicate from the master to the host machine so that it can create users etc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, 4evergaming said:

A question, could you improve the view for Linux? At least it looks pretty bad to me.

 

Thanks!

error.png

Doesn't look like a Linux issue to me. Just that the screen you are viewing the page on is very small.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh, okay! My screen is 14 inches. I thought it was a little more responsive and it was a design issue.

Thank you very much!

PS: It would be nice to be able to assign a database amount per user to send as a variable via WHMCS.

Another thing that occurred to me was some type of user restriction such as
     -> WITH MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR 100
     -> MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR 30
     -> MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 200
     -> MAX_USER_CONNECTIONS 10;

Very good module

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use