Rust from remote server

conceptr980

I have an issue running RUST on remote server as it runs fine from the master server but when i try to run it from remote server, it gives the following error (even though both servers are with the same setup Windows 2019 and tcadmin 2.0.160.2 Master-Remote):

PlayerPrefsException: Could not store preference value

at UnityEngine.PlayerPrefs.SetInt (System.String key, System.Int32 value) [0x00019] in <745c4d442eef4e08b35b5975d62d89d1>:0

at Rust.Global.Init () [0x0003a] in :0

at Bootstrap.Init_Systems () [0x00000] in :0

at Bootstrap+d__17.MoveNext () [0x0038f] in :0

at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00026] in <745c4d442eef4e08b35b5975d62d89d1>:0

(Filename: <745c4d442eef4e08b35b5975d62d89d1> Line: 0)

Note: I have tried Compatibility with Windows 10 and Windows Server 2019 fix with no luck, It works only if i stop the service manager service and start the service manager in console mode.

20 hours ago, numpty said:

Do you have the server setup exactly the same with up to latest c++ redistribution net framework and direct.x. Also make sure you have 2015-2019 redistributeable

After double checking and reinstalling all c++ starting from 2008 to 2019 all x86 and x64. Did not solve the issue. This happens only with remote server not master.

Just now, conceptr980 said:

After double checking and reinstalling all c++ starting from 2008 to 2019 all x86 and x64. Did not solve the issue. This happens only with remote server not master.

That’s very strange. I have no clue then. Sorry buddy 

Plugins can cause similair error. But i'm guessing this is a fresh vanilla installation?? Similair error can be caused by failty installation game files as well as map error scenes. But since you can start it from a batch file directly through your server with no errors it makes no sense. Maybe TCAdmin permission issues read/write (?) Anywho, good luck, and please tell if you figure it out since i enjoy logging rust error's 😄.

1 hour ago, Sukkerpups said:

Plugins can cause similair error. But i'm guessing this is a fresh vanilla installation?? Similair error can be caused by failty installation game files as well as map error scenes. But since you can start it from a batch file directly through your server with no errors it makes no sense. Maybe TCAdmin permission issues read/write (?) Anywho, good luck, and please tell if you figure it out since i enjoy logging rust error's 😄.

Indeed ... ill share updates once there any. Meanwhile im waiting for LFA to share his opinion

I will test this config with a server on a remote server see if I have same issue.  If not I will let u know everything that's in stalled on that server like directs stuff like that. So you can check and add anything that's missing from list. Fingers crossed I have no issues

1 hour ago, numpty said:

I will test this config with a server on a remote server see if I have same issue.  If not I will let u know everything that's in stalled on that server like directs stuff like that. So you can check and add anything that's missing from list. Fingers crossed I have no issues

Sounds like a plan .. Thanks

4 hours ago, conceptr980 said:

Sounds like a plan .. Thanks

hey i have setup a rust server with the alatest version of tehe config and  it loaded fine few errors with not enough polygons simplifying the navmesh stuff like that but it loaded perfectly as seen in attached picture i am running btw

DirectX Webinstaller

Mtsql for databases locally

c++ resistributable 2015-2019 both x86 and x64 so 32bit and 64 bit.. its not needed but just incase lol

and i cant think of anything else that i have but i hope that helps and i hope you fix it

i will be glad to help via anydesk and dicord to try and resolve the issue if you cant figure it out.. i do not mind helping at all

ZracWF9.png

ZracWF9.png

Edited by numpty

I did before they changed a few things. And I got told off by them for hosting it with my company. So I ended up deleting it. XD.  So I don't no sorry.  I could probably throw one together. But not till tomorrow. As it's 2 am here in uk

4 minutes ago, numpty said:

I did before they changed a few things. And I got told off by them for hosting it with my company. So I ended up deleting it. XD.  So I don't no sorry.  I could probably throw one together. But not till tomorrow. As it's 2 am here in uk

yeah no rush .. its 5am here and my head is spinning already. As for rust, still no. its getting frustrating, we will catch up by tomorrow for maybe online support via teamviewer or so as i almost gave up 😋

Thanks in advance mate

Yeah no problem ill gladly help. I don't use TeamViewer. I prefer anydesk. It's just like TeamViewer. But you have more control as master. So I love it. I'll gladly help tomorrow hit me up on discord. Numpty9989#3464 and we can talk there make it easier than replying via this thread xd. Be faster too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1/16/2021 at 1:56 PM, conceptr980 said:

I have tested with another game such as CSGO on remote server and it runs fine. Rust doesnt seems to be liking it. I know im not making much of a progress here yet.

Still waiting for @LFA Opinion.

When you test it manually don't create a .bat. Follow these instructions to run it with the  tcagame user: https://help.tcadmin.com/Troubleshooting_Game_%26_Voice_Services#Running_the_Service_Manually

2 hours ago, LFA said:

When you test it manually don't create a .bat. Follow these instructions to run it with the  tcagame user: https://help.tcadmin.com/Troubleshooting_Game_%26_Voice_Services#Running_the_Service_Manually

Thank you for your reply .. i did started it manually as per the info of the link you sent and here is the results:

SteamServer Initializedmp AppID = 252490
Checking for new Steam Item Definitions..549B0000 dwReason: 1 lpvReserved: 0
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Missing shader in effect - Screen Blur (UnityStandardAssets.ImageEffects.BlurOptimized)
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Missing shader in Main Camera (TOD_Rays)
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Missing shader in Main Camera (TOD_Scattering)
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        HDR Render Texture not supported, disabling HDR on reflection probe.

Nothing more than that.