Valheim (V+ support and custom scripts)

Dennis

• 1 month later...

Server starts and runs but crashes after 10 minutes or so. 

Getting these errors in logs times stamps seem to correspond...

[2021-10-16 23:06:31] Loaded store 'install' from 'C:\TCAFiles\Users\RevenantGames\53\config\config.vdf' successfully
[2021-10-16 23:06:32] Failed to read store 'userlocal' from 'C:\TCAFiles\Users\RevenantGames\53\config\localconfig.vdf.tmp'
[2021-10-16 23:06:32] Flushed store 'install' to 'C:\TCAFiles\Users\RevenantGames\53\config\config.vdf'

Sun Oct 17 03:06:31 2021 UTC : BOpenService failed (GLE 1060)
Sun Oct 17 03:06:31 2021 UTC : ServiceStart: failed to start (GLE 0)

this is after installing a brand new game service and modifying no settings.  Any idea what might be going on?

I have verified that the tcagame user has permissions to write and read in that directory.  Tried fiddling with the run as user as well made no difference.  

Everyone can log in and play but it boots everyone resets the map after roughly 15-20 mins

EDIT:  All set.  My issue WAS the slot count.  Apparently the setting wasn't responding to my change.  After setting the count to 64 for the 3rd time, and restarting the server it worked.

Edited by Sipowicz

• 1 month later...

Hello.

I know this config supports Valheim+, and that's awesome. But will there be any nexusmods/thunderstore/BepInExPack mod support for this Valheim config in the future, like the plugin support Rust/minecraft configs has? People are getting tired of manually updaing 40+ mods on their servers 🙂

Thanks.

Edited by Sukkerpups

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@Smolf

I just tried setting up a server and deleted it again. The entire service root was deleted.

Which files do you see after the service was deleted? TCAdmin will throw an error if it can't delete the service root, which means the server will not be deleted.

We have trouble that even though the customer chooses a server name then it makes another server name as there is a customer who has had a server by us before.

And then the password like the branches wants and writes in is not what is being made on his server.

Do you have an idea for what it can be.

1 hour ago, volborg said:

We have trouble that even though the customer chooses a server name then it makes another server name as there is a customer who has had a server by us before.

And then the password like the branches wants and writes in is not what is being made on his server.

Do you have an idea for what it can be.

Can you provide some screenshots of this issue? I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

13 minutes ago, Smolf said:

@Dennis Possible to make server password to customer, so they can make it, when they order?

Yes, just add a password field in WHMCS and configure that field to be the Password in the module setting, as with any other game.
You should add some validation on the field, however. AFAIK, passwords needs to be at least 6 characters.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi I am having issues with the windows version of the config. I just made a 10 slot server named it password is over 5 chars and I am running on an i7 with 16gb ram. runs for 15-20 mins at most then stops. Works flawless until then. Can anyone give me any direction on this? I have tried everything I can think of...reinstalling, even creating my own config. Run the server with the bat file with the exact command line via cmd and server worked fine for 3+ days so I suspect it might be a permissions issue? I really don't know.

10 hours ago, bucky73 said:

Hi I am having issues with the windows version of the config. I just made a 10 slot server named it password is over 5 chars and I am running on an i7 with 16gb ram. runs for 15-20 mins at most then stops. Works flawless until then. Can anyone give me any direction on this? I have tried everything I can think of...reinstalling, even creating my own config. Run the server with the bat file with the exact command line via cmd and server worked fine for 3+ days so I suspect it might be a permissions issue? I really don't know.

I also got problems with update valheim server?:S

We need also to add the new beta realease. mistlands..

Please help

The folder for world saves seems to have changed as well from "worlds" to "worlds_local", so the World Backup function/button doesn't work anymore. One can fix this by editing the World Backup script >

FOLDER_TO_BACKUP = Path.Combine(ThisService.RootDirectory, "worlds_local")

Edited by Sukkerpups