CRC mismatch when unzipping.

Hogie

6/5/2005 11:33:19 PM : Creating paths for game server...

6/5/2005 11:33:19 PM : Extracting game files from disk...

6/5/2005 11:35:19 PM : CRC mismatch

6/5/2005 11:35:21 PM : GSAutomation.Processes.CreateGameServer: Could not copy g

ame server files: C:\GameServers\ClientInstalls\hogie\GameServers\TC747208114523

Server: MasterServer GZenWeb1

Owner: hogie

However, I just unzipped that file with the built in win2k3 unzipper... Nothing spouted out an error. This is a 565MB CS:S zip file...

Take the : out of the game name Hogie. The panel doesn't seem to like it.

So make CS:S into CSS basically.

The other thing it may be is a network error as well. The file simply didn't make it over intact.

The zip file is called CSS.zip, and this is on the master server, when i was doing a test rollout...

Do I need to remove the : in the long name of the game in the control panel, or were you just talking about the zip file?

I am getting more info now than I was before on the master monitor console...

It is saying size mismatch, and it has this doing it for CSS, Swat4, COD...

CSS was created with win2k3's built in zip archiver... Swat4 & COD were created with Winzip9. They all unzip correctly when I unzip them by hand...

Maybe Someone could help me look through my game settings and at the files I have on the server?

This is just a test/dev box, so its not like it is live, or tied in with any systems.

Size mis-match is usually due to a network error. Basically the file size it started out as is not the same when it reaches the other side.

Can you try WINRAR and use .rar files and see if you have the same problems?

Also make sure your panel is up to date just to rule that out.

I guess because I have transactions disabled on the server (only have it running myisam tables, not innodb), it wont let me upgrade via the panel...

I'll redo my db server to see if I can get it upgrading.

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">LFA</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

that error has nothing to do with the database. either your zip is corrupt or it got corrupt during the ftp transfer

</td></tr></table>

No, I had a DB error when trying to upgrade the panel...

and the zips are not corrupt. I would be glad to give you Terminal Services access to the box so you can watch on the console.

I know they are not corrupt because they unzip fine with everything else, and I am not ftping anything (I only have the master installed, so where would it be copying from?)

if you created the zip file with windows integrated zipping it could be that TCAdmin is not compatible with those zip files :confused: I haven't checked. Try creating the zip or rar files with Winrar http://www.rarsoft.com

If it still doesn't work create a support ticket with the ip and administrator log in and control panel log in.

Archived