Heads up on a kid who steals Grandma's CC

HIS-MOTHER

I had a client who turned out to be a 13 year old kid. Stole Grandma's CC (AMEX) gained access to her paypal bout a year ago. He burned a few GSP's I know. Well he hit me up not remebering who I was and I just wanted to give you all a heads up on the kid.

msn acakiller905@hotmail.com but also uses

goarmy90909@hotmail.com

elitegwplayer@hotmail.com

acagenocide@aol.com

here is my Brief convo with him this evening..

[21:49] -???-G?????D?™I Love You Dad So Much I Hope To See You Soon You Make Me Happy: hello

[21:50] (%)HIS-MOTHER(%): hello

[21:50] -???-G?????D?™I Love You Dad So Much I Hope To See You Soon You Make Me Happy: you do resellers right?

[21:50] (%)HIS-MOTHER(%): yes

[21:50] -???-G?????D?™I Love You Dad So Much I Hope To See You Soon You Make Me Happy: do you host CSS servers?

[21:50] (%)HIS-MOTHER(%): i can

[21:51] (%)HIS-MOTHER(%): 2.00 per slot

[21:51] (%)HIS-MOTHER(%): 66tick

[21:51] -???-G?????D?™I Love You Dad So Much I Hope To See You Soon You Make Me Happy: o ok

[21:52] -???-G?????D?™I Love You Dad So Much I Hope To See You Soon You Make Me Happy: i will think about it

[21:52] (%)HIS-MOTHER(%): is this Garret?

[21:52] -???-G?????D?™I Love You Dad So Much I Hope To See You Soon You Make Me Happy: yup

[21:52] (%)HIS-MOTHER(%): are you gonna use your grandmothers stolen Credit card again?

[21:52] (%)HIS-MOTHER(%): ;)

[21:52] -???-G?????D?™I Love You Dad So Much I Hope To See You Soon You Make Me Happy: lol

[21:53] -???-G?????D?™I Love You Dad So Much I Hope To See You Soon You Make Me Happy: I havent played games for awile lol i been using gamefly :p

[21:53] -???-G?????D?™I Love You Dad So Much I Hope To See You Soon You Make Me Happy: lol

[22:00] -???-G?????D?™I Love You Dad So Much I Hope To See You Soon You Make Me Happy: what did i get like a bhd server last time right

[22:00] (%)HIS-MOTHER(%): you mean what did you steal?

[22:01] -???-G?????D?™I Love You Dad So Much I Hope To See You Soon You Make Me Happy: ya

[22:01] -???-G?????D?™I Love You Dad So Much I Hope To See You Soon You Make Me Happy: lol

[22:02] -???-G?????D?™I Love You Dad So Much I Hope To See You Soon You Make Me Happy: like 32 slot

[22:02] -???-G?????D?™I Love You Dad So Much I Hope To See You Soon You Make Me Happy: i think

[22:03] (%)HIS-MOTHER(%): You understand that you commited internet fraud which is a Federal offense don't you?

[22:03] -???-G?????D?™I Love You Dad So Much I Hope To See You Soon You Make Me Happy: ya i do

[22:03] -???-G?????D?™I Love You Dad So Much I Hope To See You Soon You Make Me Happy: well was it reported

[22:03] (%)HIS-MOTHER(%): and you think they do't prosecute minors?

[22:04] -???-G?????D?™I Love You Dad So Much I Hope To See You Soon You Make Me Happy: I know they do

[22:04] (%)HIS-MOTHER(%): We report all fraud but your poor grandmother was left holding the bg

[22:04] (%)HIS-MOTHER(%): She is your guardian

[22:04] -???-G?????D?™I Love You Dad So Much I Hope To See You Soon You Make Me Happy: I have ended up giving her all the money

[22:05] (%)HIS-MOTHER(%): stolen from someone else I am sure ;)

[22:05] -???-G?????D?™I Love You Dad So Much I Hope To See You Soon You Make Me Happy: nope I actually did small jobs for people down the block :p

[22:05] -???-G?????D?™I Love You Dad So Much I Hope To See You Soon You Make Me Happy: birthday money

[22:05] -???-G?????D?™I Love You Dad So Much I Hope To See You Soon You Make Me Happy: all that

[22:05] -???-G?????D?™I Love You Dad So Much I Hope To See You Soon You Make Me Happy: added up

[22:06] (%)HIS-MOTHER(%): that was the story we got last tiem too . Birthday money. Nice try. Find a gullable GSP if you can.

[22:06] -???-G?????D?™I Love You Dad So Much I Hope To See You Soon You Make Me Happy: last time?

[22:07] (%)HIS-MOTHER(%): you dont remeber that you rented from us before .

[22:07] (%)HIS-MOTHER(%): you ripped so many off

[22:07] -???-G?????D?™I Love You Dad So Much I Hope To See You Soon You Make Me Happy: SNM servers this is right?

[22:07] (%)HIS-MOTHER(%): yes

[22:07] -???-G?????D?™I Love You Dad So Much I Hope To See You Soon You Make Me Happy: o

[22:08] -???-G?????D?™I Love You Dad So Much I Hope To See You Soon You Make Me Happy: well that was about a year ago in a year i got some money i have not been on internet a lot

[22:08] -???-G?????D?™I Love You Dad So Much I Hope To See You Soon You Make Me Happy: :p

[22:09] -???-G?????D?™I Love You Dad So Much I Hope To See You Soon You Make Me Happy: i have not been on since

[22:10] -???-G?????D?™I Love You Dad So Much I Hope To See You Soon You Make Me Happy: so yes i no longer steal

[22:10] (%)HIS-MOTHER(%): and we dont rent to ppl who stole from us in the past ;)

[22:10] -???-G?????D?™I Love You Dad So Much I Hope To See You Soon You Make Me Happy: would you if she call you?

[22:11] (%)HIS-MOTHER(%): NO!

Watch out fellas.

Ahh Yes, I have run into this young individual; quite a thief he is.

(Below is the email and contact information I know he goes by)

Aim: doom3335, acagenocide, acakiller905

Msn: rkshinedown@hotmail.com

I hosted this individual a few months back, he wasnt a bad client, though he always seemed to have a problem. I cancelled his account the following month when I was confronted by another individual telling me that he was stealing from his grandmother.

Below is a short conversation I had with the Individual only moments ago.

[23:13] Add Me Please: ok so let me get this straigt

[23:13] Add Me Please: i can buy something if grandma calls?

[23:14] Lane - DeadEndHosting.com: is this garret

[23:14] Add Me Please: yes

[23:14] Add Me Please: If she calls and tallks to you

[23:14] Lane - DeadEndHosting.com: Then NO, we do NOT service those who have tried to steal! ! ! !

[23:15] Add Me Please: dude.....

[23:15] Add Me Please: i havent tryed to steal from you

[23:16] Lane - DeadEndHosting.com: wait a minute, so you admit to stealing, but your saying you havent stolen from me correct?

[23:16] Add Me Please: correct

[23:16] Add Me Please: not from you

[23:16] Add Me Please: but from those others yes

[23:16] Add Me Please: dude im not going to lie to you she knew about deh

So he admits to stealing from other hosting companies.

This is just my 2 cents upon this individual. I will never have him as a client again, nor do i feel that anyone should host this individual.

He also goes by numerous other names, he makes a new name evrytime he finds a new hosting company.

Goodluck,

Lane

DeadEnd Hosting LLC.

Actually, that garrett kid just hit me up last week wanting a server for CSS.

Also, decided to get a site from us as well. The turns around and wants to cancel the server. After he pays for it.

I called his phone to check everything is good on the site, and I hear his Grandma yelling in the background. " garrett, this better not cost me money ! "

Heck that's nothing, If you want a laugh at the state of our current crop of brainiac GSP's check the link below..

http://www.themook.net/blog/2006/05/22/drg-servers-update/

We had a client similar to this recently, Although not as extreme!

Game server was not setup within 48 hours due to a crc error.(server was setup around 70 hours later, with a free upgrade and of course an apology)He does no more than files a complaint with paypal, and won!

?15.01

Also, We had a serious case of fraud, costing us over ?800, Paypal did not detect it was fraud until 10 days after the transaction, Due to the product that was purchased they refuse to offer seller protection!

Lessons to be learnt: Ensure servers are setup on time & Don?t use paypal whenever possible!

Hell I get clients who no sooner push pay on the site and are dialing the toll free # asking when. At least gimme the time to read the order and input the info into TCA. LOL .

Side comment on paypal... Ever notice that someone with a paypal account if attempting to pay by CC has to wait 3 days for the verification after attaching it to there Acct. but if they are not logged in they can just click paynow using a CC with no waiting period.

There's Fraud protection for ya at it's finest ;)

70 hours is pushing it a little don't you think? If you advertise the server will be set up in a certain time frame and it isn't then I don't see any reason why the customer shouldn't seek a refund..

Client had everything but game server, and was fine. Once we issued the game server he then put a complaint in.

We also have never had problems with Paypal. If you denote your product as a service, according to Paypal's own regulations, the client cannot request a refund. Nor should they be given one.

However, I have seen many times where they have given refunds if the case is blantant fraud, or the client really did not get the service they signed up for.

No biggie, just delete his server, and it is done :)

However, if they pay by credit card via Paypal, you are correct in saying that they will get the refund. At least that is what we have seen in the past. Paypal simply will not fight with the credit card companies. They simply send the refund to avoid the issue.

I was told my a PayPal Employee to read the User Agreement.

This States:

The Seller Protection Policy does not cover:

Intangible goods, services and sales or licenses of digital content. Only the sale of physical goods is covered.

If your not covered by seller protection, Well you have no cover?

The Buyer Protection policy is exactly the same. They do not cover claims for services or other non-tangible goods.

Which means "the buyer" (your client in this case) has no ability to request a refund for anything they did not receive. In this case it was a service. So they have no ability to request a refund.

"Should be", is the key phrase there. I have seen Paypal approach it differently. Sometimes they simply deny the claim without any issues, other times they do actually go through with the dispute process.

You should simply be able to respond saying "This is a service". Or at least show that the client did receive what they paid for.

We have always found it is better to work with Paypal to resolve issues, rather than just pointing out their regulations to them.

Archived