AMX plugin installation process

coolraul

1. Create a zip with the AMX files in it and place it in C:\GameInstalls\Gamename\TCA.MODS folder.

2. Go into your panel and to System Settings>Supported Games and click on the game you are working with.

3. Click the MODS icon and then create a new mod, and enter the zip file name that you created when asked.

I have one comment or maybe an idea. We should allow customers to edit their mod's config before mod installation on the mod installation page. I thought that's what the configuration file settings is for, but I guess it's for the server's main config? Correct me if i'm wrong and it this is for the mod's config file, can I create a config file generator for the mod?

The configuration file is for the initial mod install itself. Siilar to the default config file(s) that you create in the support games section for each game. This acts as the default server configuration file so the mods starts properly. The user is prompted for the Hostname and rconpassword if you set the mod install to do so. After that, if users want to edit the config after the mod is installed then they can do so via the filemanager or FTP.

Ok, I see, so I guess what feature I was looking for is to edit the administration mod's config file, not the game mod itself. I'm using the mod feature so customers can choose which admin mod they want and also for source if they would want metamod source or not.

Edit: I created a amxmodx config file generator, I posted it in tcadmin configuration files section of the forums for anyone interested.

One thing I noticed, regardless if you choose the mod to prompt user for Hostname and rconpassword, it always shows up, even after you choose to install without using a new command line, hostname, password or config file it still prompts to do so, I think this might confuse some customers.

Well i have alittile issue ,im sure its somthing simple.

here is my directory path C:\GameInstalls\CS\TCA.MODS\amod.zip

I have created a new mod and entered the zip file named as above .

now within the zip i have have a folder named cstrike within that i have the edited liblist and the addons folder.

When i click on install it says the mod is being installed but nothing happens (the server doesnt even stop,i created this server with the config i copied and added the mod to)is it due to the directory structure i have within the zip folder?should it be just the edited liblist and addons folder? or something else ?

Thankyou for your help in advance.

p.s

after i had uploaded all the folders to the master and made the entry for the mod zip i did a monitor restart.

Make sure in the mod setup section you put the zip file name as amod.zip. Do not put the full path as you showed aboved:C:\GameInstalls\CS\TCA.MODS\amod.zip

Only the actual zip name is needed, not the path. TCAdmin knows to look in the mods folder for it.

That is what i have in the zipfile name just the name of the zip folder.So the way i have it set up as far as you can see it should work?

I will review everything again just to make sure .It just struck me kind of odd that when i clicked on install mod the server didnt even stop.

Is there an explanation as to why i would get this code after several successful tries.

GSAutomation.Processes.InstallMod: The system cannot find the file specified. (code=550)

Server: MasterServer

Service: TC71572147208623811317443

Owner: ADMIN

everything is still intacked and nothing had been change since it was working.I used the same config to start this server as the others for the mods.

• 2 weeks later...

got this out of the monitor error logs

Error downloading: /games/CS_local/TCA.Mods/amod.zip

shouldnt it be looking for the amod.zip in /gameinstalls/CS or CS_local/TCA.MODS/amod.zip

this is what is giving me the error code 550

Piper

i dont have a games directory only a gameinstalls directory.As far as the server goes it was installed after .If all i have to do is rename the /gameinstalls to /games that wont be an issue ,i just don't want to create anymore issues :).

Thanks for the reply

Piper

amod.zip , i had another post around here that i had started about this issue (sorry) i decided to stick with this one.

Here is what i did to create this server

1.copied the default config so that i could edit/add a new mod

2. edited the mod config adding two mods one amod.zip and csgg.zip

3.save it under the name couterstrike (allmods) saved it to the same file CS ,should it have been CS_local ?

4.created a game server and the cs.zip was saved to the \game installs folder

5.extracted the cs.zip and it then created the CS folder with the cs contents inside.

6.put the cs.zip in the upper directory \game installs

7.created the folders TCA.Mods ,TCA.Patches,TCA.Maps and put them in the cs folder .

8.uploaded the mod zip files amod.zip and csgg.zip to the TCA.Mods folder in the cs folder

9.Did a monitor restart

10 created another game server using the counterstrike(allmods) config

11.ran an update on the server to get it to the current version

12.went to game services ,clicked on the newest server and went to mods ,selected amxmodx (amod.zip) clicked install

13.it said it was installing ,and then i got the 550 error .

the thing is that this config did work and then just stopped for some reason ,before getting this error and going through the install process about a half dozen times , i was able to create 3 servers and tried both mods .Unfortunatley when i went to show a partner how to do it it wouldn't work ..i mean hell i even had it timed from the time you clicked install until you saw the server back up and running with the mod .So i don't know if the several times it worked it was just a fluke or what ,thats why i am at a loss.

Thankyou for your help in advance

Piper

After looking over everything once again (tcadmin logs) i discoverd that it was looking for the files on the master ftp server .So i unticked the option to get files from master ftp server and its fine now ..I feel stupid although i still dont understand why it used the local files before and then just stopped ..anyway its working now.

Piper

Archived