Could not connect to the master FTP server

Daersun

This is on my last nerve, all of my new dual core dual xeon boxes for SOME reason will not connect to another FTP server, yet every time I install one of my older boxes, it works fine. Could it be due to the fact these are gigbit ports? SOMEONE has to have a solution to this, because my turnup process right now is including coping insane amounts of data from one server to the next.

Sure have, brand new hardware - only 1 month old from the manufacturer, and I have verified with their senior techs these are the latest.

But heres the kicker, it seems to work with one certain server as the master. Im really confused, but it seems to be working

Now that I re-read the original post, The problem may be the port settings.

We have had clients that have had similar issues when their DC set the switch ports to say 10 FULL or 100 FULL, and their cards were set to something else.

I have seen this issue on our boxes.. One issue was dual NIC both HOT and telling TCA to bind to all IP's ie leaving the ftp field blank in the server settings. Try binding it to the primary ip on the primary NIC. Also if you are running dual NIC go into the advanced settings and specify a metric of 100 for primary NIC and 101 for second NIC. If you set it to allow windows to automatically do this whatever NIC has more available bandwidth ( being less utilized) Windows will automatically make this your primary and the 1st IP assigned to that NIC will then become a primary IP. Rule of thumb... "Don;t allow windows to controll anything!! " LOLOLOLOLL

2nd issue we saw was something else using port 21 or whatever port you specified for FTP to bind to.

Archived