Bye Bye GSP [Insert Name]

jbiloh

They come and go quite fast nowadays. It's funny that people still think it is a quick buck type of business to start.

Yea stupid kids trying to start a company that offers you ftp access (no gaming control panel) a ticket that will be answered in a week or two (guarateed) lol anyways just a bunch of 16 - 17 years old kids that use their fathers CC to start a business with an intel celeron server in singapore or whatever lol.

peace

I personally dont think its fair to assume that all failed business's are run my 16 - 17 year olds. My mum could start a similar business and fail becuase she dosent know a thing about the product. Getting annoying that every post is a blame on the younger generation.

Jay;12488']I personally dont think its fair to assume that all failed business's are run my 16 - 17 year olds. My mum could start a similar business and fail becuase she dosent know a thing about the product. Getting annoying that every post is a blame on the younger generation.

I completely agree, I am below both of those ages, but still I offer an amzing product and amazing support. I understand your point but just because your 16-17 doesn't mean you just run 1 celeron box. I currently run 3 boxes and am buying a few more for a company I just purchased.

This is a perfect for instance on why "kids" should not be starting a business of any kind.

Spitfire, did you read the "Terms of Service" on the signup page when your ordered our product?

http://tcadmin.com/terms.php

Or did you simply click the "I agree" checkbox?

I will hazard a guess you simply checked the box without readin one single part of anything.

When you read that link, pay close attention to the first two lines...

Fair point Jay,

However, the simple fact remains, it is predominantly young 'boys' who rent a dedicated server from a reputable GSP, then drive down prices by cramming boxes with hundreds of individual servers for £1 or $1 per slot.

Check out some of the smaller 'new' companies. Very few will own their own hardware or software, you will also find they are likely operating without the appropriate licensing - ie TeamSpeak 2.

Ultimately I do believe that the 'industry' will level out again, however this will take alot of hard work and time by decent GSP's.

Sooner or later people will realise that alot of time and effort actually goes in to running a successful GSP, and will leave it to the big boys.

Some GSP's will rent a Dedi Box for gaming, but it cannot be used for profit. Common sense to me. Why rent a cheap box out to have that person undercut and steal your potential custom?

People should have to work hard to get to where they are. Something to think about.

True, prices have gone down a hell of alot from when i first ever rented a gameserver, myself and my dad both played UT alot so we both put money into our server which cost us nearly £500 per year! for 16 slots!

Times have changed, and i am charging £1, ironic. The simply reason behind it is because i am new, and im trying to get the name out, and to build a resonable customer database i cant charge the world, they will go up when theres a rep, which im sure many people will understand from when they first started.

Even more ironic, i rent none of my servers, i own them all, brand new boxes direct from Dell to be exact, i colocate them in a datacenter used by an even bigger company than myself.. INX-Gaming.

Just gets annoying that everything is blamed on the younger generation, no matter what age you are, some people need to show respect to gain respect, you dont demand it.

But i do agree some PEOPLE, not age based run crappy companies, and people will eventually realise when you pay peanuts, you often get monkeys. Like i said, my mum who is alot older than 17 could run this company if they wanted, but would fail terribly, but thats because of experience and not of age.

This is a perfect for instance on why "kids" should not be starting a business of any kind.

Spitfire, did you read the "Terms of Service" on the signup page when your ordered our product?

http://tcadmin.com/terms.php

Or did you simply click the "I agree" checkbox?

I will hazard a guess you simply checked the box without readin one single part of anything.

When you read that link, pay close attention to the first two lines...

Father Processed these orders, and I run my company with his permission.

Archived