This seem like a good deal/server?

DaveTurnbull

So I've been looking for some decent dedicated servers, and SoftLayer seem to have a decent deal.

https://www.softlayer.com/order_form/order.html?so_id=5&ITEM_PRICES[disk_system]=7&ITEM_PRICES[server]=264

That should be a decent enough server to run 2-3 games of, say, BF2142, or Prey right? I know I can't get are definite "Yes" or "No" for that question, just an estimate would be appreciated. :)

Well CPU wise I think a 48 titan server could take up to 30% on that machine.

BF2142 is a beast all around with both CPU, RAM and bandwidth.

Best advice is to grab what is in your price range and load it up so you can see.

Well CPU wise I think a 48 titan server could take up to 30% on that machine.

BF2142 is a beast all around with both CPU, RAM and bandwidth.

Best advice is to grab what is in your price range and load it up so you can see.

Alright. Thanks for your help.

I'll be buying my copy of TCadmin in a couple of weeks, and then start messing around with various servers to test the CPU. :)

It says right there its a per gb based server. I dont think it would pop his quota.

The package he linked to had 2000GB which is what? roughly 6meg. 2 full BF servers of any flavor 32+ slots will hit around 8meg and we all know that 3 meg is actually like 2 on 95th.(meaning use 2 but counts as 3) ;) but you are right, the best way is to load it up and have a look see :)

Archived