cod/coduo hlp

Greatlake

ok i got one server that runs it with out a problem and sever 2 is same as server one in everyway but won't run coduo or cod it says it running but in real life it isn't move files from working server to none working server and still no luck and one got a clue what i'm not doing right

CODUO can be a little tricky. When you first run the game server it shows a message asking if you want to optimize the server for your system. If you don't have interact with desktop enabled you will never see the message on the desktop.

What you have to do to never get this message is to run your CODUO installation files as a server. You will get the same message. Just click on yes and close the game console. Every server you create from these files will already be "optimized" and will not ask you anything when you first run them.

I don't know if COD is the same but it doesn't hurt to enable interact with desktop on the service and checkout the game console. If you are running windows 2000 or XP use Real VNC. If you are using 2003 just add /console to your remote desktop shortcut.

0:00 InitGame: \g_gametype\hs\g_timeoutsallowed\0\gamename\CoD:United Offensive\mapname\wolfsschanze_night\protocol\22\scr_allow_jeeps\1\scr_allow_tanks\1\shortversion\1.51\sv_allowAnonymous\0\sv_floodProtect\1\sv_hostname\^2-]^9M^2[-^9Custom Map Server\sv_maxclients\20\sv_maxPing\0\sv_maxRate\0\sv_minPing\0\sv_privateClients\0\sv_punkbuster\0\sv_pure\1

0:00 ShutdownGame:

0:00 InitGame: \g_gametype\sd\g_timeoutsallowed\0\gamename\CoD:United Offensive\mapname\mp_bazolles_final\protocol\22\scr_allow_jeeps\1\scr_allow_tanks\1\shortversion\1.51\sv_allowAnonymous\0\sv_floodProtect\1\sv_hostname\^2-]^9M^2[-^9Custom Map Server\sv_maxclients\20\sv_maxPing\0\sv_maxRate\0\sv_minPing\0\sv_privateClients\0\sv_punkbuster\0\sv_pure\1

I don't know cod that well. That trick about optimization I have learned from looking at clients' servers :razz: Maybe your installation is missing some files. or you don't have the map rotation set.

Is it ran in a dedicated mode?

--servers don't require video cards, try running it with +set dedicated 2

Should set it to run in console mode then without the card

-- feel free to take alook at mine, CoDUO works etc

Archived