TCAdmin ODBC help

MonsterDK

Hi,

I have a Win 2003 server box. Which I am trying to install TCAdmin onto.

TCAdmin is set as full (webserver etc) also has the game on.

Here are the details I used when doing the TCAdmin install....

Server: localhost

User Name: root

Password: Kept Private

Database Name: tcadmin

The defaults for creating a database are left and I set a password for it.

When I click Create. I get the following problem...

Access denied for user 'root'@localhost' (using password: YES)

I was told I needed to set a ODBC account via PLESK 8.1 (for windows).

I tried this (using the MySQL ODBC 3.51 Drivers)....

[server] * The hostname of the MySQL server: localhost

[Database] The default database: left blank!

[user] * The username used to connect to MySQL: tcadmin

[Password] * The password for the user account on server: Kept Private

[Port] The TCP/IP port to use if server is not localhost: 3306

[socket] Windows named pipe to connect to if server is localhost: left blank!

[Option] Options that specify how MyODBC should work. See http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Connection_parameters.html: Set as '0'

When I click test to test the account. I get this error...

Error: Unable to connect to the data source using the defined settings. Server has returned:

ODBCError HYT00: [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Access denied for user 'tcadmin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

How can I find the info I need to sort this. Sorry. I have not had my dedi server long and knew to this.

Thanks for any help/support in advance.

On the database page there is a link that says "Click here to create a new database"

Click it. Choose MYSql as the DB type. Fill in the required username and password info for an accont that has permissions to create a database (most likely root), then fill in the bottom section with some login info for the database that is going to be created.

The setup program will setup the database for you. You do not need to setup the database via Plesk.

I would suggest watching the setup videos. They walk you through it step by step. The links to the videos are right in the welcome email that you got with the license.

On the database page there is a link that says "Click here to create a new database"

Click it. Choose MYSql as the DB type. Fill in the required username and password info for an accont that has permissions to create a database (most likely root), then fill in the bottom section with some login info for the database that is going to be created.

The setup program will setup the database for you. You do not need to setup the database via Plesk.

I would suggest watching the setup videos. They walk you through it step by step. The links to the videos are right in the welcome email that you got with the license.

I have done all that. This is the reason why I ask here.

The errors reflect following the video. need help please

Archived