BF2142 w/ 2142cc

JasonF

I was wondering if anyone had success creating a config file for BF2142 that incorporates 2142cc. I found some posts for just BF2142 and BF2 with cc but was unable to find any BF2142 w/ cc. I am new to TCAdmin and have not gotten the hand of creating config myself.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nevermind, I got it to work but I must exe the daemon via remote desktop first to create the xml files. Once I do that the game will load via TCAdmin. Not sure if I messed it up to have to do that step but as long as it is working I am fine with it.

Thanks for the help guys.

Can't I just put the xml files in the engines folder and have it set to 'admin' and 'password' so that it defaults to an easy password for them to login and edit? I am not too familiar with the TCADmin config file for the games yet since I just started using TCADmin 2 days ago so hopefully in time I can incorporate it and make my job easier.

Thanks again for your help. I see what you mean ECF because I tried to create another instance to see if it works and BF2142cc was tied to first server's IP and daemon port and it would not load. After updating the game server's IPs it worked.

I will have to learn how to incorporate the

config.xml

default.profile

into the TCAdmin game config to autogenerate the IP and ports for the game server.

There are variables which are used within the config files that are substituted during setup.

Open up one of the other configs and look at the default file links and the template files. You will see the availible variables such as %serverip% and %serverport%

Thanks. I am working on it now. I also see the xml files need to have the < > replaced. After I get this working I am going to post a tutorial on getting 2142 working with cc and the TCAdmin config file since no one has done it already.

Well I have the TCAdmin config set to auto add the IP, rcon, port etc on all of the necessary config and cc config files but it still needs me to exe the file one time. The first time you exe it, it asks for the data. You enter the info and it starts fine.

As long as it works I am okay with it. I will just have to exe the cc daemon every time I create a 2142 instance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use