My Opinion

JasonF

Pros - support has been great so far. I had some trouble with the install and support had it up and running in no time. One of the things I liked about it, was they told me what was messed up so next time I can know what to do. I am loving how easily this control panel can be customized. It can adapt to just about any game with a little work. ECF and Doug are very helpful in the forums.

Cons - Kind of annoying to have to go find all of the TCAdmin configs in the forums to run the games. Some of the games are very popular and you would think they would just come with the install. Not sure why they don't include the configs but it is time consuming on my end to get all of configs I want. If a TCAdmin employee can explain why they just don't include these games it would be helpful to understand. BF2142 was not included and that is one of the most popular games.

Because the configs we create are generic. Most people use the BFCC manager program with their BF games. And we do not provide support for those or any other third party managerment programs.

If we included a generic BF2142 config in the install, you simply would have been here asking for one with the BF2142CC included.

I understand the the 3rd party mod support issue. May I suggest just putting it in and let people modify it. Taking the configs and slightly modifying them is easier than going to the forums, searching for the config, then you have to look at every variable to make sure it is correct. Would be easy just to download the TCAdmin config and do some small modifications.

I appreciate your hard work ECF and want to thank you for a great control panel.

edited - I have been trying to think of some of the configs that I made or downloaded I want to say MOH Allied Assault & Breakthrough was not included but MOH Spearhead was. Again I am trying to go off memory so I apologize if I am wrong. Why have the map pack config but not the main game (i.e. MOHAA). Also if you have 1 map pack included (Spearhead), why not add the other map pack (Breakthrough).

vetwebhosting, thank you for the compliment, but I am just a TCAdmin customer like yourself.

The way I interpret the included config files: they are included with the install to give examples of how to write your own. Some are very simple, and some are more advanced. Many of them have been written and submitted by TCAdmin users. There are many options you as the GSP owner can decide to include or skip.

The way I interpret the included config files: they are included with the install to give examples of how to write your own. Some are very simple, and some are more advanced. Many of them have been written and submitted by TCAdmin users. There are many options you as the GSP owner can decide to include or skip.

That makes more sense. Thanks Doug for explaining it better.

• 2 months later...
Seems to me everytime I have a need or a want TCAdmin support helps me find or fix it. I can tolerate the searching for the configs lol.

Good points.

I agree also 100%

The Tech support is more than I could ever expect, The configs, If you look and search the forums here, you will usually find configs that are close to what you are looking for. And with a little creative thought and some trial and error, are able to be worked over to make them work.

Cheers

Dave

NRT / Redline Servers

Archived