reinstall games

matrix4583

Click on the game server in the list, and then click the re-install button.

i don't see reinstall button in game service or game server list. Do i need to create in "Create a Game and Voice Server"? because i use "Gaming Services" to install games. Also how do you uninstall mods or maps?

This is weird. I install the game but the game does'nt start because the file structure is not correct. the wrong path that tcadmin is trying to install to is C:\UserFiles\tim\GameServers\TC71860873303142734626244\srcds.exe and the right path is C:\UserFiles\tim\GameServers\TC71860873303142734626244\CSS\srcds.exe

What is wrong with the file structure?

This is the correct path:

C:\UserFiles\tim\GameServers\TC7186087330314273462 6244\srcds.exe

You should not have a /CSS directory when it is installed. If you do, check your install files and make sure it does not have an extra /css directory in it.

This is the correct path:

C:\UserFiles\tim\GameServers\TC7186087330314273462 6244\srcds.exe

You should not have a /CSS directory when it is installed. If you do, check your install files and make sure it does not have an extra /css directory in it.

well the rar file is CSS.rar so when the game install the file structure install in that way.

• 3 months later...

That would simply copy the files. But none of the variables would be entered into any of the config files.

Unless you use a zip file with the configs files taken out, so it doesn't overwrite the current ones.

A risky proposition. If you do try it make sure you try it on one server first to make sure it works as planned. Then use the update feature to push it out to all servers.

I am with Wolfservers, and are having an issue with the original files that were sent to us by Splash Damage for ETQW. We have received the correct files, but to fix the issue requires a full reinstall of the software.

Let me check with Rob and see if we can leave out the config files or create a generic set of config files to use with the game update batch.

We were getting the FATAL ERROR: Failed to restart with pure mode restrictions for server connect error message.

It turns out that some of the software and keys SplashDamage sent out were not the right versions, so they didn't match up to their system. It was causing the servers to think they were modified when run in ranked mode.

We got the correct files this morning and have been going through and individually reinstalling the files. We have about 105 servers right now.

Archived