Help Wanted?!!? (Game server support) $$$$

CMDR

That is me gmadmin.

Rich, I did not mean any disrespect. If I offended you I apologize. To answer your question, I did web hosting for friends and family on the side since 1999. In 2003 I finally decided to make a company out of it since it was growing so much. I did not officially have a website because I was not that serious at first. Because more and more people asked me for help I decided to make it official. I primarily focus on web hosting but offer game servers because I feel most GSPs are out to rape the crap out of clients charging enormous amounts for nothing in return. So I consider myself the anti-GSP. I take my clients and business very serious and will only host what I think I am capable off. I have no interest in doing this for a living, I make a very good living as a veterinarian and enjoy what I do.

GET OUT OF MY THREAD!!!!

I made this thread for help for me. Not for you guys to bitch.

Again, I am looking for people with TCAdmin experince. Someone that is willing to work for someone else for a small wage now but lots of potential in the future.

So take your bitching and go to another thread. This is about

HELP WANTED!

CMDR,

I think most of the people here are too busy to help you admin your TCAdmin.

There are many here that are very knowledgeable and many that are not so knowledgeable.... So I would be cautious as to who you give access to :)

Your best bet is to take the time to learn it yourself. That means a lot of trial and error and researching here on the forums and TCAdmin documentation and also learning the game inside and out that you plan to host. Then after you learn it well, you can then teach someone to help you if you still need help.

I do not mean to be blunt, but rather truthful. At least that is my 2 cents anyways.

Excuse me for saying but someone else dragged my name into this thread..

Whether you realize it or not my -not- helping some of these guys is saving someone money.. This industry has a bad enough name without more folks going off half cocked and it's not getting any better. My opinion is if you don't know how to run a certain game or serve games in general you shouldn't be taking people's money period. Gaming customers are tired of getting ripped off by "companies" that don't have a clue what their doing. If you want to run a GSP then do your homework and don't think about taking a dime until you know what your doing. It's called fraud if you do.

I'm only negative to the above described persons. There are alot of hosts that do their jobs well and I commend them for it.

Bow

Also,

I have been a member of this forum and a customer of TCAdmin for awhile now. And I have looked over alot of post, and seen alot of views. As for this forum, your asking a group of people that can help. But most won't, either out of greed or whatever the case may be.

Someone in a past post commented pretty much what I stated above. There out for themselves due to money. Greed in the world today makes people who they are. Label them as you want, but there are others out there that will help. People lose touch with reality when money talks.

If I can help someone in need, I'd help. I've need questions answered before and someone stepped up and helped.

Good Luck on finding help.

Giving someone a hand and doing it for them are two entirely different things. A good many posts here asking for help are simply, "I have no clue, Someone do it for me" or the please run my business for me posts..

If it's greed you call it I would say maybe so but pointing at the wrong group. The ones that feel they can simply rent a dedicated server and throw up a website without the slightest knowledge of what their selling would be the greedy ones, Why should the rest of us take time away from our lives to help run one of these guys businesses for them? That my friend is all backwards.. Your customers are paying you to host their server and support the games, They aren't paying tcadmin for tech support or anyone on the forums here so please stop holding the other GSP's accountable for this.. It's disrespectful and insulting.

On the other side of it there are plenty of folks that are stuck on something or unsure on how to do something. These people you can guarantee spent time researching the issue and when all else fails will go to their peers to ask. There is nothing wrong with that and if you check my post history you will see I personally have offered help. Most providers on the forums here have been around long enough to understand the difference between the two and I would grant share similar feelings as I do.

So, By all means help whoever you wish to help but please don't come down on others for deciding not to waste their time helping folks that have no appreciation for this business. Those are the folks you should be barking at because $$ is their only reason for being here..

Giving someone a hand and doing it for them are two entirely different things. A good many posts here asking for help are simply, "I have no clue, Someone do it for me" or the please run my business for me posts..

If it's greed you call it I would say maybe so but pointing at the wrong group. The ones that feel they can simply rent a dedicated server and throw up a website without the slightest knowledge of what their selling would be the greedy ones, Why should the rest of us take time away from our lives to help run one of these guys businesses for them? That my friend is all backwards.. Your customers are paying you to host their server and support the games, They aren't paying tcadmin for tech support or anyone on the forums here so please stop holding the other GSP's accountable for this.. It's disrespectful and insulting.

On the other side of it there are plenty of folks that are stuck on something or unsure on how to do something. These people you can guarantee spent time researching the issue and when all else fails will go to their peers to ask. There is nothing wrong with that and if you check my post history you will see I personally have offered help. Most providers on the forums here have been around long enough to understand the difference between the two and I would grant share similar feelings as I do.

So, By all means help whoever you wish to help but please don't come down on others for deciding not to waste their time helping folks that have no appreciation for this business. Those are the folks you should be barking at because $$ is their only reason for being here..

<3 QFT

Had to say it

You have to agree with Rich on this. Many people here have help us out when stuck and vise versa, but willing to help run a competitors business I'm not. Is it greedy? No it's an intelligent business decision.

Many of the GSP's here do this for a living, we don't we just use it to cover data center fee's and cover our other bills while other areas of our business grow.

Read the manuals, get some experience, and ask questions when you get stuck. I'm sure you'll find the posters here begin to warm up. Or if your bent on paying someone to do the work for you perhaps a better place to post something like this would be WHT. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/

Archived