Ut2004 Errors

AvailNetworks

I finished setting up ut2004 and everything is good except for map voting, I have everytning I need to in the ini and it just isnt bringing up the votable maps. It shows the drop down box but I get no maps in my list, this happens on all gametypes. can someone scan over my ini and see if I missed anything

http://www.availnetworks.net/UT2004.ini is where its at for viewing

I have tried almost everything I can think of.

thanks for the support,

Reed

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">AvailNetworks</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

it seemed to have worked. I will just use that one as a base. I tried using the one that came with the dedicated server files default and it wouldnt go either.....chalk it up to weird coincidences I guess

by the way....very slick software

</td></tr></table>

:grin: Thanks!

Glad to hear it worked for you as well.

me too, I just got done (literally) with a 25 day struggle with trying to get it to work with gamecp and linux and the developer was not able to get anything to work properly. I am glad to be here...trust me on that. I was referred to you by Rich scott btw from defcon, good guy and speaks very well of your company

update:

that problem is fixed but I have another problem. During the match and at the last 2 mins or less of the game the server will randomly reboot for no reason, I cannot view logs becasue it does not log the problem. If I start the game from the normal runserver.bat in windows it fixes the problem. I think I am running the latest beta update of your software if that matters at all. update 8 i think it is. any ideas there or possible bug?

Do a test for me. If you have the game monitor set to restart the game if it doesn't respond, turn that feature off and restart your monitor. Let it run for a while and see if it restarts.

That would be the only reason I can think of why it would restart like that.

If it persists, open up a support ticket and I will have the coder look at it, to make sure something wasn't changed in the beta version that may cause it.

http://support.tcadmin.com

I was about to do that actually, i just get bored playing with myself for 20 mins! :smile: I will try that out in the morning and see what happens

thanks,

Reed

p.s. I changed restart server from 5 seconds to 30 and it seemed to still happen but I will still try this as well

You will need to shut off the monitoring in System Settings>Plugins and click on the configure link next to Game Monitor. Should be the top checkbox. Make sure it's unchecked.

From the Main Menu in the panel goto System Settings>Plugins and click the "configure" link next to Game Server Monitor.

Scroll down the page and find the section titled "When Service is Running and Game Server Doesn't Respond"

Look at the top checkbox titled "Restart Service" and make sure that it is unchecked.

Can you verify that you get results when you click on the Game Server Status and Administration icon for the server?

Sounds like you may have an older version running and the query is wrong.

Could you provide the version number that you are running? It's located on the login page down at the bottom.

Thx!

Sounds like you have the query port wrong. This will cause the game to restart since the game monitor uses the query to check the status of the game. If it doesn't respond the panel thinks it's not responding and will restart the service.

Please set the query port to 7787 and check the status page again to make sure results are displayed.

I have to confirm with the coder on that. The UT query was worked on in the latest version. I think the config in the forums here had it set to 7778, which was the standard a while back. But when we were checking on the query it was using 7787.

As long as the status page displays in the panel, you should be all set.

yep I confirmed with a few different plays that all is well. I did not even think to look there and it was indeed was set to 7778 and I changed it to 7787 which is what its suppose to be and all was well

we are good to go!

thanks for the handy support, I am glad to be with you guys

Archived