Insurgency mod

JasonF

Like as though it may be with the client software. I just setup a server and changed maps a few time via rcon and it was fine.

However some other people have reported servers crashing.

I will keep an eye on it. FYI. With the new update there is a new link next to each game server when you open the details page up that shows the game server info. This info includes crashes etc...

Good way to keep track of a server.

I had my server up and running last night and at a map change it just sits there. So I forced a map change via HLSW and it loaded fine. For some reason when it gets to the end of the rounds/map, the server has no idea what to do and will lock up.

Played on another server and they had a ton of rounds per map and it was fine for like 1 hr. But we did not change maps so maybe that was the key.

Saw this post in their forums and could not stop laughing. This is an SS someone posted that they had experienced

Edited by JasonF

It has helped a lot. The 1.1 was actually a step back in server stability if you can believe it. I was reluctant to post the hot fix update since it looked like this mod was not stirring up too much enthusiasm amongst the TCAdmin crowd. I have a thread going in another forums with a lot of info if anyone is interested.:p

I've played it and found it better than CSS in my opinion (probably because from what I've seen so far people who play INS mod tend to be more mature). The game is already creeping up on DOD:S in players.. hopefully the community won't die and it will become the next Counter-Strike (Without all the 10 year olds). It's a shame they don't have linux server files yet :(

My biggest turn off of CSS is the maturity level. Anytime you join a server it just people acting a fool and screaming over VOIP. I got to the point where I just turned off my VOIP receive audio to somewhat enjoy the game.

This game is more difficult than CSS so I image they will stick with their crosshairs and ammo count.

My biggest turn off of CSS is the maturity level. Anytime you join a server it just people acting a fool and screaming over VOIP. I got to the point where I just turned off my VOIP receive audio to somewhat enjoy the game.

This game is more difficult than CSS so I image they will stick with their crosshairs and ammo count.

Well I mean it probably won't become as popular as CS/CSS like I said in my previous post, but it could easily surpass DOD

Seems to be a decent mod.... Kind of a CSS meets BF2 :)

Thats exactly what I got off of it. Especially with the "Ranked" servers thier going to be having. Seems alot of the models are very very similar to BF2 also.

I guess every game maker now has to cash in on the ranked server cash cow. By restricting who they allow to rent ranked server they can charge more to the "limited partners".

I think I read somewhere that they wouldn't be charging for ranked status

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use