MOH Airborne is ranked

JasonF

I honestly don't know what to say.

Finally, Airborne will feature both ranked and unranked matches. Unranked matches are basically unofficial, so players can tinker with the various server settings, allowing access to unlockable upgrades. The ranked servers will basically be official, and you'll be able to build a persistent character over time, gaining access to various unlockables. These are mainly weapon upgrades, similar to those seen in the single-player game. For instance, you can unlock rifle grenades, which lets you launch grenades a lot farther than you can throw them. This persistent mode will reward long-term play, which is the obvious hope.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/medalofhonorairborne/news.html?sid=6175943&om_act=convert&om_clk=multimodule&tag=multimodule;previews;title;3

Not sure if this is any definitive answer or not but I contacted EA about it and got this response.

Salutations,

Currently support has no information on how the Ranked Server Provider will run, and how one can become one. This information will be provided by EA when it is available and we ask that you consult the official EA Website for any news or annoucements.

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts!

What pisses me off is that they don't tell anyone it is ranked and they are accepting applications for ranked partners, they just make an announcement that it is ranked and limited ranked partners who have already been chosen not giving anyone a chance to apply.

They chose the largest, most stable GSP names in the biz. And also chose from companyies that have already hosted ranked servers for other games.

Short time hosts will never get into the ranking program, because they are too small, and most of them end up lasting less than a year.

Both games will require that you purchase the game CD and install, zip and then upload to your servers. Similar to many COD and MOH games in the past.

I am sure that www.direct2drive will alos carry then for sale. However be careful if you do order from them. Sometimes the patches are different for the D2D games vs. the retail boxes.

• 1 month later...

EA Link is the way to go. Had it downloaded to my server in 20 mins. Just waiting on the server files. The ranked biz is just hype. They say they plan to add ranked later on down the road. My guess is they wont touch it with ranked, due to all the problems with the game up until now.

http://planetmedalofhonor.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Articles.Detail&id=215

• 3 weeks later...

Archived