At a loss

JasonF

I have a BF1942 DC final server running on a 2.4 Ghz dual core server that is slowly opening/running more and more game exe. I woke up this morning and there was like 12-15 BF1942 instances running. I turned off the game server and closed all of the extra ones that had been opened and turned on. Went back into remote desktop 4 hrs later and there was about 4 running. When I start the game server on 1 instances is running. If I stop and start the server it will only start 1. But with time more and more are created.

edited - I completely stopped the game server and will look and see if more are created with the primary game server turned off.

Any ideas?

If you have the query turned on (and it is non-responsive) and you are using the BBO Manager along with the game, TCAdmin or the manager may be starting the game again nbecause it thinks it is down.

Check the status screen to make sure you are getting a response from it within TCAdmin.

Not sure.

I closed the remote desktop connection and later when I reopened it, I had the wonderful DEP prompts all over the place. I think this is a DEP issue and have disabled that Windows feature on this box. I will need to restart the entire server for it to take affect. If this works I will respond to this thread.

Maybe DEP is disabling it and TCAdmin thinks it has crashed and is starting a new instance.

According to TCAdmin's support the server was busted and causing the problems. So I created a DC Final on another dedicated server and it ran fine. I was going to transfer his server over and took his serversettings.con file and migrated to the new game server. Turned it on and it started acting crazy. Put the default serversettings.con file back in and the server ran fine.

So the client messed up his serversettings.con file and it cause the server to open multiple windows.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Archived