Non Steam

Soze

As far as I know, and frankly would wager, the only counter strike is steams IE valve. No one else makes counter strike.

If you are looking for how to download thededicated server files this has been asked an insane number of times. Do a sear of the forums, or check out TcAdmin help desk they have it in there.

You can't play CS 1.6 without it connecting to STEAM first.

Some of the older versions around 1.4 and earlier you can run and connect to without STEAM, but 1.6 requires the STEAM connection.

Honestly the only reason I can think of for connecting without STEAM would be you got VAC banned and can no longer play.

There actually is some fake 'steam replication servers' out there....I've never tested them, nor care to..But I know that they exhist. What you would need todo basically is run the gameserver, run the fake steam server, and your game all yourself...Same thing they do with the World of Warcraft hacked server files, or any of the other MMORPG's that are like that.

Not sure why you would need this.....Want to drop vac? run a server with VAC disabled, "cheat" your life away....Lost your id? its 19.99 for a new one, then "cheat" on the vacless servers. Simple remedie :)

Exactly what I am thinking. There is no easy way to run a non-steam server unless you go back to 1.4.

If this is for a clan then a non-secure or non-steam server will not do them any good as all matches are played on STEAM, VAC enabled servers.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived