Enemy Territory Quake Wars

ECF

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone running this with TCA yet? I think you will find when its released that there will be people unable to get it working.

Either that or I was unable to configure it correctly. Running the full version as a service causes some VERY weird effects on the client that I can't explain at the moment.

If anyone successfully runs the FULL RETAIL version as a service from within TCA let me know. As far as I can see, only shortcuts work.

O Yes, I have Windows binaries if you need them.

The full version does nto come out for a few days here in the US. We ran a beta server for 2 months and did not notice any issues with it. But the full release may have been changed??

But we do have a couple of clients that are ranked providers and they have not said anything about strange things happening.

I have made my own 'fix' for it which makes it work fine (although creates a potentially vulnerable system unless you do a fix for the fix. lol, it just means that our ETQW installs take about 15 minutes rather then automatic cause we have to physically do things to get it working.

Basically,

If you run it as a service, it returns this error and crashes clients when they connect.

FATAL ERROR: Failed to restart with pure mode restrictions for server connect

Running it through a shortcut or normal command line, allows them to connect fine. I am using identical files and command line as I am when running as a service through TCA. In fact that is the only difference.

If you provide me with your server IP I can try and connect just to see if its just me.

Thanks

It is already posted here in the config forum:

http://clientforums.tcadmin.com/showthread.php?p=18445#post18445

It sounds like you are having the trailing slash issue with the set game and set filepath. If there is a trailing slash in those paths then the game client crashes to desktop with that pur error. Make sure you are running the latest version of the software before you import the config.

We had it running fine - just used there servers listed in there forums. same as what came on your disk - use a browser in your server if you can to grab it - the connection will bring it in quicker - otherwise upload it via FTP all 458mb of it and go to dinner, watch a movie etc.

The only problem is TC will create a server, etc, but you cannot change maps or settings client side with TC, unless I am doing something wrong. So we have to find a good RCON for it. I know people who buy slots want to be able to pick maps, bots etc and we do not want to have to change everything all day long manually for them...

Also last night here in the US only a handful of the servers had anyone on it - all the ranked ones were shutdown, they have some problems and from what I read in their forums, everybody is pointing fingers at everyone else, from Hypernia, Wolf, ID etc

• 3 weeks later...

Archived