Team Fotress 2 Server Files Released

ECF

Server files are availible via hldsupdatetool

-game tf

This will allow server to be run so people who have access to the beta can play when it is released on Monday.

Only players that have purchased the Orange Box product will be able to play the TF2 beta.

Just an FYI. Only half or so of the files are availible for TF2 at this moment. The rest will be released on Monday. So consider this as like a pre-load. Valave did this so the update servers do nto get overloaded on Monday when everyone goes to grab the files.

Yeah, I tried to pair it up with a hl2mp server and run a command line but it just crashes. Also the folder structure has changed to /orangebox/tf

Weird. In reading in the admin section I found this explanation.

The reason for this is that we want to be able to support different

generations of the source engine in one hlds installation. So Ep1-era

games will remain off of the root directory but all OrangeBox-era games

will be under the 'orangebox' directory. Goldsrc games will still need

to be in a separate directory structure, however.

It was posted on the HLDS Mailing List.

The most significant fact here is that there have been interface changes so it is probable that many server plug-ins that work with CSS, DoD, and HL2MP will not work with the Orange Box engine. Once the beta is out the door and the initial fires are put out I will make the specific interface changes available on http://developer.valvesoftware.com so that when the new SDK comes out the mod/plugin community can quickly make Orange Box-compatible server plugins.[/font]

From what I read, there going to release Orange box tomarrow, but the older games won't be moved to the Orangebox Engine 'for a couple months' , meanwhile they will release info on http://developer.valvesoftware.com/ so they can fix the plugins. You will be able to use the newer Mani-Admin-Plugin port for SourceMod to get around this, Bailopan said he will be following it closely.. Hopefully this will alleviate major disasters with Mani based servers.

But yes, it will be a busy few days!

There are many problems with BAT still. Be aware. Many of the features are still buggy and or dont work...We have been testing this for about 1 month now, I can post a full list of the errors if anyone cares, but the developers are aware and are expecting to fix them.

One of the major things not working is the GUI.

C:\Program Files\Valve\HLServer>HldsUpdateTool.exe -command update -game "tf" -dir c:\tf

Checking bootstrapper version ...

Updating Installation

Cannot open blob archive file: CMultiFieldBlob(mem-mapped file): File does not exist and failed to create new file

C:\Program Files\Valve\HLServer>HldsUpdateTool.exe -command update -game tf -dir c:\tf

Checking bootstrapper version ...

Updating Installation

Cannot open blob archive file: CMultiFieldBlob(mem-mapped file): File does not exist and failed to create new file

I keep getting this error in HldsUpdateTool. What is the correct protocal to download the server files? I tired "tf" and tf. Same error.

Please help!

C:\Program Files\Valve\HLServer>HldsUpdateTool.exe -command update -game "tf" -dir c:\tf

Please help!

It should be -game "tf2" then it works (well it did for me anyway!)

Weird thing is, when you actually run the game on a command line, you have to put -game "tf"

lol!

Archived