There are no servers with the game files

VirusX

Hi,

I'm receiving this message :

There are no servers with the game files for Counterstrike (Default). To manually create a service click here.

I have all of the files in C:\GameInstalls\CSP\(has the hlds.exe etc.)

And it still shows that message,

The config was auto set to CSP.

So, what do I do?

Now that works, now i get the message:

A new game server is being created. You will receive an email when the game server is ready for use.

but it doesnt create the server,

any ideas?

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">VirusX</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

well actually, it does, but it doesnt start.

</td></tr></table>

Also, it doesnt use the server.cfg provided with the config script i downloaded from the forum. it just uses the default one.

Check the service settings for that game. It might have the path wrong or some other value. Also enable interact with desktop and see if you get any errors in the game console. If you are using Windows 2000 you will have to install VNC to see the game's console. If you have windows 2003 just add /console to your remote desktop shortcut.

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">VirusX</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

well actually, it does, but it doesnt start.

</td></tr></table>

Also, it doesnt use the server.cfg provided with the config script i downloaded from the forum. it just uses the default one.

</td></tr></table>

Make sure you clear the contents of the server.cfg file in the install directory. Leave it blank, but leave the file there. The panel will fill it when it creates the server. That goes for any file that you wish to have filled by the database when the server is created.

You may also create file links such as the server.cfg and use the default files in the install. It simply creates a quick link to that file for editing and uses the content in it from the default install.

It extracts correctly.

C:\GameServers\testuser\GameServers\TC27502078432845575267712

and i see all the files in there,

it just doesnt execute the server and start up after i hit create.

i even hit Start server after creation or whatever it says

Archived