Team Fortress 2 config for TcAdmin

studeggle

I have noticed when using that generic server configuration, a lot of commands are "not known". I looked into it and it seems that TF2 has made some changes with cvars used in game, only natural with an entirely new game, different from the rest. I ran a 'cvarlist' in rcon, copied all the new existing server variables, picked out the ones important for server configuration and created a working server.cfg with all the variables for TF2.

server.cfg

• 2 months later...

I hope someone can help me on this...

Ive used the script provided in this thread (the latter script ) but just keep getting the following message when trying to create a sever...

An error occurred while creating the game server: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

The failure email I get through says

Could not copy game server files from ftp: /Games/TF2 to C:\Userfiles\clientname\GameServers\TC23330606432825816818044

Its vexing me, and I wondered if anyone had any ideas.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

it seems like since the update with steam i cannot get my Team Fortress 2 to work. it says that it is started on the interface but the server is not online. i tried looking in the logs but don't seem to see the issue. It is the same problem with Garrysmod. did steam do something since its update to change the interface?

atwservers,

Did you update your game files using STEAM or the hldsupdatetool.exe. I have seen a lot of clients installing STEAM on the server and installing game files that way instead of using the hldsupdatetool.exe. You should be using the hldsupdatetool.exe to get server files.

I do not believe in complete automation so no I do not have it setup. I don't find it all that time consuming to have to go in and type in the username/password and choose a game. Not sure why some people are absolutely dead set on this part to be honest with you. Also while I am setting it up I check for fraud.

I am sure everyone's server.cfg for TF2 is different. Here is a basic one that works fine.

// server name

hostname "%hostname%"

// rcon passsword

rcon_password "%rconpassword%"

// Server password

sv_password "%privatepassword%"

// server cvars

sv_pure 1

sv_pure_kick_clients 0 //If set to 1, the server will kick clients with mismatching files.

mp_friendlyfire 0

mp_footsteps 1

mp_flashlight 0

mp_forcecamera 0

sv_pausable 0

sv_cheats 0

sv_consistency 1

sv_maxspeed 320

mp_chattime 10

sv_timeout 65

//Enable timers to wait between rounds.

mp_enableroundwaittime 0

//Time after round win until round restarts

//mp_bonusroundtime

//If non-zero, the current round will restart in the specified number of seconds

mp_restartround 0

//download cvars

sv_allowupload 1

sv_allowdownload 1

net_maxfilesize 15 // Max download file size. Default is 15

sv_downloadurl "" //redirect download location

// round specific cvars

mp_fraglimit 0

mp_maxrounds 2

mp_winlimit 2 // Max number of rounds one team can win before server changes maps

mp_stalemate_timelimit 300 //Timelimit (in seconds) of the stalemate round

// bandwidth rates/settings

sv_minrate 0

sv_maxrate 20000

decalfrequency 10

sv_maxupdaterate 66

sv_minupdaterate 10

// player specific cvars

mp_idlemaxtime 10//Maximum time a player is allowed to be idle (in minutes)

//Teams are unbalanced when one team has this many more players than the (0 disables)

mp_teams_unbalance_limit 2

mp_autoteambalance 1

mp_autoteambalance_delay 60 //Time after the teams become unbalanced to attempt to switch players

mp_autoteambalance_warning_delay 30 //Time after the teams become unbalanced to print a balance warning

mp_allowspectators 1

// in game voice

sv_alltalk 0

// server logging

sv_logbans 1

sv_logecho 1

sv_logfile 1

sv_log_onefile 0

// operation

sv_lan 0

sv_region 255

// execute ban files

exec banned_user.cfg

exec banned_ip.cfg

• 4 weeks later...

Well, this is a lot more complicated than I expected, but I am sure I am just ramping up the learning curve. So I have been trying to install TF2, which is not part of the standard installation. Is this script some kind of automation for the "supported game/create new"? I could use some help with this. I am not sure what to do with this file at all. I did install tf2 into c:\gameinstalls\tf2 and I tried to step through creating a game in the "supported game/create new" following the example of cstrike. But, I must have something wrong.

If this script does automate that process, how do you import it? I assume I have to grab some default config files as well (server.cfg etc)

Thanks, kp

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 28 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use