Beta 1 (build 1.0.2033.37608)

LFA

What's new:

- Added a configuration file designer and editor. You design your own template and fields for each configuration file like THIS, so your clients can edit their configuration files like THIS.

Settings for this are in System Settings > Supported Games > {select a game} > Default Config Files. Click on the config editor link for each file.I will be posting a few examples here later today.

- You can now disable file manager and FTP access for specific games types and game servers. New game servers take the game's default configuration. Existing game servers have file manager and FTP enabled by default. Settings can be changed in the service settings and in the supported game settings.

- The game mover now supports games when zipped up created a file over 2GB.

- You can set codec settings when creating a new voice server in Game Server Automation.

With this new addition TCAdmin is perfect for hosting ranked BF2 servers. If you are among the lucky ones that got in with EA.

This will allow you to be able to lock down any and all files that EA requires, and will give your customers the ability to edit certain variables in the configs that EA does allow. The editor works with all files not just the server config files. So you can even setup a template for the maplist.con file, pb files, basically the sky is the limit. Couple that with the game switcher, and you can also offer your clients both a ranked and unranked server which they can switch between whenever they want. Plus they will have full edit, ftp etc.. over the unranked server :grin:

Here are a couple screenshots of what I did in about 20 minutes with it.

http://www.tcadmin.com/downloads/bfconfig1.JPG

http://www.tcadmin.com/downloads/bfconfig2.JPG

This also allows you to offer an easy way for your newbie users to config their server. Or you can lock down the config files so users cannot change vital cvars such as slots, ip, tickrate etc..

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">LFA</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

What's new:

Settings for this are in System Settings > Supported Games > {select a game} > Default Config Files. Click on the config editor link for each file.I will be posting a few examples here later today.

</td></tr></table>

When you have time please post some example

Thanks

We shall try to get some up as soon as possible. We are currently upgrading our forums software to allow for file uploads.

The new config files can be quite large due to the amount of data that they may contain, so posting code here would be very cumbersome to copy and paste. So full file donwloads will be needed to include the config editor settings.

I guess we should start a new set of requests for these as well :smile:

Keep in mind that the config editor will allow any number of variable possibilities. Basically this means you can create your own variables to use within the editor and your configs, so you are not confined to using a generic/default config :grin:

I tried all feature , it seems to work All perfectly, also the internal backup ;) but still the private TS password is failed to set :smile: :oops:

I just tested it on our test server and it worked perfectly.

Can you open up a support ticket and we can have a look at it for you?

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">Quote:</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

LFA! The config master! Razz

</td></tr></table>

NO...... LFA the coding master :lol:

Archived