Constant reboot + support tickets not working

M-E-Tech-Jay

Hello there, I went to go place a support ticket but i keep getting a CGI error. Anyhow, my server keep reboot which makes no sense for they have the same .cfg as they had before yet they constantly reboot. Many customers are pissed and I dont know what to do... some have decided to stay with serverdoc due to this problem. Please let me know ASAP

Thank you

Jason

TCAdmin will restart the game server if it is not responding to queries. You might have the query port wrong. Check the game server status page to see if TCAdmin is able to query the game server.

You might also have a bad configuration that makes the server crash every once in a while.

TCAdmin won't just restart your server randomly. By default, it will only restart the game server if it crashes (the exe file stops running).

It also queries your server to see if it is running but it will only restart the game server if you have it configured to restart it when it doesn't respond to queries. (Admin Home > System Settings > Plugins > Configure Game Server Monitor)

If it is crashing when the server gets full it could be that you are running out of memory.

There is also an option in the service settings named "enable low memory usage". This option is OFF by default. This will force your game server to use less memory. There have been reports that this causes lag on some servers, but we have never been told it crashes a server. Anyway, it is disabled by default.

Like I said before, check that the status page for that game server is working. If it is not, it means your query port is wrong. That is all that could be wrong. If that works, then the server crashing has nothing to do with TCAdmin.

Archived