How to use GameSpy query Protocol 4 for UT3?

nhouck

Seems that UT3 uses GameSpy query protocol 4.

When setting up the UT3 profile is there anyway to tell it to use this query protocol so that the server can talk to the games? Are there any existing games that use this protocol that can be selected in the Game Compatibility drop down?

Also I think it may be a moot point because of the servers picking random ports for the query port but I'm not sure.

Thanks,

Noel

For it to work, you need to set the query method and the query port.

Other games that use the UT3 engine are America's Army 3.0, Rainbow Six Las Vegas and Medal of Honor Airborne.

Can you give me a little help in doing this? I don't have any of those games in my list so I can't look into those configs for the info. I suppose I need to manually edit the game config file for this, please let me know where I can find more info.

Thanks,

Noel

I think the problem may be with UT3. I guess it doesn't have a consistent query port, but instead randomly assigns a port each time it starts up. Not really sure how the server could ever be queried in that case (i.e. for getting info in the in-game list). Let's hope Epic comes to their senses and makes a standard query port.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 50 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use