How to increase FPS & Tickrates?

RackGaming

Just wondering if you could tell me how to correctly adjust the Tickrates and FPS of game servers? I realise this may have already been asked and thus I have checked and double checked using the search with no joy. I found a few posts talking about it but no instructional based threads.

The way we have our packages setup is:

Counter-Strike 1.6 - 250/FPS

Counter-Strike 1.6 - 500/FPS

Counter-Strike 1.6 - 1000/FPS

Counter-Strike Source - 250/FPS & 100Tick

Counter-Strike Source - 500/FPS & 100Tick

Counter-Strike Source - 1000/FPS & 100Tick

I have read some information on the knowlage base and see a program called sourcebooster but after downloading this file I don't see a help file to show how to use it, Maybe this is not needed?

Does anyone have any idea's?

Hey 666spitfire,

Thank you for your reply. Im sure I seen some host the other day who offers 1000/FPS servers on windows 2k3 and using Tcadmin. Can't recall there name though.

Anyway, I downloaded the booster but have not got any instructions or ideas on how to 1) run it as a service for tcadmin so it runs all the time

2) make game servers that use the booster at different FPS settings E.G Counter-Strike Source - 250/FPS & 100Tick.

Also have you any idea on how to go around setting up 250, 500, 1000 FPS's on CS1.6 and does CZ also allow the exact FPS's as 1.6 ?

You can't do 1000fps on windows 2003. On windows 2008, HAL can use HPET to service timing related calls, it has a much higher resolution than the PM timer, which gives you 1000fps with signifigant amounts of jitter, probably because of interrupt latency.

I don't believe I'll be selling 1000 fps anytime soon :) I've personally had many 1000fps clients switch over to my 500 fps and favor it. *puts up my invisible protection barrier*

Not to mention the prices that you have to serve in order to profit anything is just to high..Let alone the added risk governed by the amount of non-paying profit hindering boys and girls :) $30-$40 is easier to take than $70-$100.........Just not my cup of tea atm...I guess the depth of your pocket is the most relevent in this case, as your risk factor is much lower.

Again I say, BOOO 1000 FPS!

Ok after reading the replys here, I have to agree with what everyone have said regarding the 1000 FPS setting. Yes it does cost more to the end user and yes it may have a minor increase on our servers but with duel quads and 4 gig ecc and fb ram who will notice lol.

In anycase I have dropped down our packages to the supported FPS settings that windows 2003 uses. New packages are 250, 350 & 500.

However returning to my initial request, can anyone here give step by step instructions on how you / your company make these changes (E.G how would you make a cs.16 & css & cs Czero run at different FPS settings a 250, 350 & 500?)

Also what do I have to do to get the booster to run automatically after I create a new game server?

I have an update here for you all and I need someone to help with this if you can.

Im running a 20 slot CSS server with the following settings:

Server Settings:

-tickrate 100

+fps_max 600

Server.cfg Settings:

// bandwidth rates/settings

sv_minrate 0

sv_maxrate 20000

decalfrequency 10

sv_maxupdaterate 100

sv_minupdaterate 10

As stated here : http://forums.srcds.com/viewtopic/1094

I am also running BOTH* Windows Media Player + Booster program in the background on the actual dedicated server.

The problem is this, When I enter the game I get a ping of 5 on our network (200 miles away) which is great but am only getting a max of 220FPS with average being 150fps.

Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong? I have followed both the TCadmin guides + http://forums.srcds.com/viewtopic/1094 guide to the minute yet nothing is working correctly other than a great ping.

I appriciate anyones input.

UPDATE: I have attached a visual screenshot which states my issue with FPS visually.

FPSissue.thumb.JPG.cd524c9e487bc6e6ddba84482317e3f5.JPG

Where did you add the -tickrate and +fps_max ? I've found that sometimes srcds is tricky and wants it before the -autoupdate and after the +map :)

Also, no need for running the timer and windows media player...one or the other does just fine :)

Also bud, tried to email you this morning...Got this in response.

--clip--

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

carl@rackgaming.com

Technical details of permanent failure:

PERM_FAILURE: DNS Error: Domain name not found

--endclip--

Might wanna check on that :) hehe

Kind regards!

Hey thereadamnp,

Very sorry for the long wait. I am up all night trying to figure this out in our office and belive it or not I actually fell asleep at my desk *Cunfused*

The Default command Line is:

-game cstrike -console +ip %serverip% -port %serverport% +maxplayers %slots% +exec server.cfg +map de_aztec -tickrate 100 +fps_max 600

The Private Commandline Is:

-game cstrike -console +ip %serverip% -port %serverport% +maxplayers %slots% +exec server.cfg +map de_aztec -tickrate 100 +fps_max 600

Custom Command Line is:

-game cstrike -console +ip %serverip% -port %serverport% +maxplayers %slots% %usercmdline%

Custom Private Command Line is:

-game cstrike -console +ip %serverip% -port %serverport% +maxplayers %slots% %usercmdline%

Thanks for the tip. I will turn Windows Media Player Off. Note: The booster is running standalone (cmd type window) and says press any key to reset. tcadmin DOES NOT point to the .exe of the booster at all as people say you don't need too. Is this still the case?

My email carl@rackgaming.com was a test trading email we had in the US a year back.

My new email is carl@rackgaming.co.uk, HOWEVER please don't email me here as you will get the same exact response, My domain emails are not active.

Please instead email: racknetz@hotail.com

Also do you have skype or maybe even MSN? I have noth and I would like very much to talk / type to you real time instead of via this thread.

I have fixed this issue now with Counter-Strike Source Tickrates & FPS. You had to type "rcon stats" to see server fps. After I inserted 33 tick + 600fps the server shown 512.53 fps.

However I myself have a quadcore system 2.4 with 4 gig ram and also a raptor drive. I have 8800 GTS graphics and no processes running in BG but for some odd reason I am only getting 200fps ????????

Archived