How to increase FPS & Tickrates?

RackGaming

Hello Guys,

mafia2k5 did explain alot of stuff over MSN and was very helpful indeed. However I already understood that what I was trying to do was configure "Server Side FPS" the thing I was not happy with was the fact that I have a top of the range gaming PC and when connecting to my server which was 512FPS I was only getting 200 acording to "Net_Graph 3" This is what I found confusing, Not understanding the difference's :)

At the end of the day If someone pays for a 512fps server then they should get a 512fps server, What I was trying to do is to make sure that the 512fps server was going to give out that speed but I only got a max of 200fps which is still very good but weired in a way that it would not go higher.

• 2 months later...

A CS 1.6 boost is differnt than a CSS boost. From my exp i have noticed that having 100 tic and a fps_max of 600 won't give you anywhere near that server side FPS.

If you put the sys_ticrate command to 500 on cs 1.6 you will get 256 server side FPS.

If you put the sys_ticrate to 501(or above) you will get over 500 FPS server side(you won't achieve 600fps, but about 550 FPS)

You can get 1000 fps on a win 2k3 box but you have to change some setting i don't recall what it is though. I hope this clears a bit of the confusion up.

Also 1000fps servers glitch and just run terrible and are not worth the amount of crashes/glitch/pain/money/and the amount of complaints you will get from your client and thier players.

your looking at client side fps on that pic.

go to console and type rcon stats then post that

srcdsfpsbooster.exe jus add this to your startup folder in windows and it will start everytime. dont run win media if ure using this.

Regarding 1000 fps. It runs perfectly stable so far on win 2k8. Their sellign and customers love it

• 3 months later...

I have read all of posts on this forum about FPS & Tickrate but i still have problems... I have my CS:S servers with 300/400 FPS and i don't know why, because i have all configured like i read on all posts.

CS:S:

Default Command Line:

-game cstrike -console +ip %serverip% -port %serverport% +maxplayers %slots% -tickrate 100 +fps_max 600 +exec server.cfg +map de_aztec

Private Command Line:

-game cstrike -console +ip %serverip% -port %serverport% +maxplayers %slots% -tickrate 100 +fps_max 600 +exec server.cfg +map de_aztec

Custom Command Line:

-game cstrike -console +ip %serverip% -port %serverport% +maxplayers %slots% -tickrate 100 +fps_max 600 %usercmdline%

Server Config:

sv_lan 0

sv_maxupdaterate 120

sv_minupdaterate 80

sv_unlag 1

sv_maxrate 30000

sv_maxspeed 320

sv_minrate 25000

sv_mincmdrate 0

sv_maxcmdrate 40

sv_minupdaterate 30

fps_max 601

decalfrequency 60

NOTE: srcdsfpsboost running

------- // -------

Why i can´t have more than 300/400 on CS:S ?

Someone can explain what i have wrong ? :S

Regards

Use a program that calls timeBeginPeriod(), which lowers sleep() latency to 1.95ms, and raises hz to 1024.

step (1000f) / sleeplatency = server fps

server fps also performs better when fps_max is a power of 2.

Archived