Crysis configs

DaveTurnbull

What you are forgetting is EA bought out Crytek after the release was ready. The demo is great. I'm sure the game is too. Now that EA owns the franchise I'm sure it's only downhill from here for the game.

What are you talking about?

EA is only publishing the game. Crytek is it's own company still.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, source? I've been following Crysis for a couple of years now, and I am positive EA does not own Crytek. EA is just the publisher.

The only thing I could find was this:

http://au.gamespot.com/pc/action/crysis/news.html?sid=6156629&cpage=8

...but that was updated with the quote "EA is not in negotiation for the acquisition of Crytek."

Don't write off Crysis so quickly. This game has a crazed community of fans, and there are already tons of mods/maps in development which will keep it going for quite some time, along with the promise of Crysis 2 & 3.

I still expect Crysis to be an incredibly popular game - it certainly has the reviews to support that (only negative points are to do with system requirements, and the lame ending...but it is a trilogy, so it's not really the end).

yeah.. im about to try and get a DX10 server going, because from what i've been reading, it reduces server utilization, cos the physics is calculated from the client..

Sice getting hte server up, my 20player's public was getting a flogging.. I've set the affinity to 1 core to monitor it.. Im running 2 x Dual Opteron's 2.4gig and it was taking almost 1 whole core on a large map.

The game takes abit of getting used to, but i'm really into it now.. once you learn it's ways.

I think the command r_driver = "DX10" might change it to DX10

ECF - Thanks for the config files - I seem to have it working - I ended up bringing it into the server from EA Downloader - it only took 20 mins since i was able to pull 7.5MBPS - which is the fastest I have ever seen from a EA server to server download.

I have it running now if anybody wants to take it for a test spin - I havn't even got the game for my own rig...so here is the IP and let me know how it runs.

64.34.176.39:64087 Planet Game Servers Crysis Server

s/ DCAD

ECF - Thanks for the config files - I seem to have it working - I ended up bringing it into the server from EA Downloader - it only took 20 mins since i was able to pull 7.5MBPS - which is the fastest I have ever seen from a EA server to server download.

I have it running now if anybody wants to take it for a test spin - I havn't even got the game for my own rig...so here is the IP and let me know how it runs.

64.34.176.39:64087 Planet Game Servers Crysis Server

s/ DCAD

You got a place I can dl the files off of in the us?

yeah.. i tried r_driver = "DX10" and the other method i found and it still doesn't work...

i thought some official docs would be out by now..

there is no use having PB running because people with Vista x64 or Win X64 cannot play on PB servers.. the client has no x64 support for PB yet.. had afew people complaining that they kept getting disconnected from server messages upon trying to connect

I uploaded and installed the game on one of my dedicated boxes and I am using the config attached in this thread. TCAdmin says the server is running but it's not. How can I tell what's going wrong?

Install C++ Redistributable on the server running Crysis? Make sure you use the one the Crysis CD. :)

Install C++ Redistributable on the server running Crysis? Make sure you use the one the Crysis CD. :)

I thought the dvd installs the C++ for us during the Crysis install. I uploaded the entire dvd t o my files server where all my GameInstalls is hosted. I then installed Crysis into my GameInstalls/Crysis folder. I used the TCAdmin config attached in this thread. I installed Crysis using TCAdmin to one of my dedicated game servers and it appears to have installed all the files. TCAdmin says it's running but the server does not start up. Do I need to install the C++ on my dedicated game server as well? Do I need the full dvd on the dedicated game server running the game and not use the TCAdmin Game Installer?

thanks,

Wes

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 148 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use