Crysis configs

DaveTurnbull

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is due out pretty soon. However it appears to be another ranked game, so I don't think there will be much of a market for unranked servers.

What's confusing though is that Crytek said like one million times it would not have persistent statistics. I wish they would just clarify it.

Got Crysis now, and apparently you have to upload the entire game for servers. Kind of a bummer, but at least the game is not out in America yet - plenty of time to get the files up and ready.

Btw, I think Crysis just has a steeper learning curve than other games. Once you start using all the suit modes effectively, forming explosive traps, and working with people as a team, it becomes incredible fun.

I was playing with 6 people in a Beta using Vent, and we filled two Hummers and were driving around the map capturing and defending bases. It's like a much better version of Battlefield 2 basically, well, at least in my opinion.

I installed a copy of the game on my personal pc and it created a "Game Log" witch pulled system data into it, plus their are alot of config files in the Game Folder. Havent gotten it to work yet...

I guess the best bet is to wait till the 16th - the official release of Crysis. I expect all server-related stuff to be out around then, as they're also releasing the SDK within a couple of days of that.

a guy on another forum told us that in My docs\My games\Crysis is the location of the server.cfg, but my installation doesn't have that.. only the profiles saved for playing hte client of the game.. I hvae run the dedicated server, and it didn't generate a default config

Ditto. :(

Wish EA/Crytek would give some sort of clarification or something!

well.. i sused some of it out and now i have a server up.. What i did was create a game in the GUI from my side, put the settings in i wanted, select dedicated and run..

this generated a server.cfg file in mydocs\my games\crysis\config

the map rotation is a XML file in mydocs\my games\crysis\Profiles\Default\levelrotation

i then copied the new files to the dedicated server in the same locations.

then exec like this in cmd

C:\GameInstalls\Crysis\Bin32>CrysisDedicatedServer.exe +exec "C:\Documents and S

ettings\Administrator\My Documents\My Games\Crysis\Config\server.cfg"

then in the console you have to tell which map to run.

map multiplayer/ps/shore

this will kick it off..

What's confusing though is that Crytek said like one million times it would not have persistent statistics. I wish they would just clarify it.

What you are forgetting is EA bought out Crytek after the release was ready. The demo is great. I'm sure the game is too. Now that EA owns the franchise I'm sure it's only downhill from here for the game.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use