Questions...

Spartanfrog

Ok I have a few questions. What does the feature, Master FTP do? Im not sure if i understand it well. The mod creation, tha supports mods like Mani right? Does it also support stand-alone mods like Zombie Master? Ive been reading and I really want a integrated billing system. Can anyone tell meif Modern Bill is good for game servers? Also I've read that you shouldnt use Modern Bill unless you have good knolledge of it. How much knolledge do you need and where can you learn it? Thanks.

I got TCA to install mb for me when I first started. And learned it all in about 1-2 months. I just followed the instructional videos that tell you how to create packages and stuff. I didn't think it was too hard. I would highly recommend MB as I have been using it for about 10 months now and have not had any problems out of it.

Warm regards,

The master server basically hosts all your files eg. Game files, mods, updates/patches. These files are then sent to the remote servers when you setup a server or someone installs a mod or patch. If your just starting out you wont need to worry about it.

Ok Thanks Alex H. Also how much system resources does TC admin take up?

And a totally seperate question, what happens if I would like to execute TC admin on a storage computer. Then have another computer, through LAN, run the servers. So really, TCadmin installs everything and runs on ONE computer. Then could I configure it so other servers run the game servers through LAN?

Finally, how long does it take to install and get a server running with TCadmin?

I have 1 server set up to run the TCA Master and Web, also voice servers. Then use remotes for hosting games on other servers.

TCA only takes minutes to install, but to configure can take a bit longer depending on what all games you want to run with it.

The website and database are housed on the Master server. Then if you were to add more boxes, you would need to get licneces for each box, and those remote boxes run a monitor program that connect back to your master.

As far as game setup times, it would depend on the game and how big the filesize is. But normally it is a few minutes or less.

Sweet that quick? When I use hldsupdatetool it takes 20-30 min to download all the files. By website, you mean like where the customers log in correct? Can TCadmin also be configured so I can have one master server. Then a game-only server, then a voice-only server? So when a customer orders a server, say I use modernbill so its automated, TCadmin installs the voice/game servers only on a specific box? Thanks for answering my questions.

I think we all are a bit confused here :)

When a customer orders with MB, basically they can only order 1 item at a time. So if they want to order a CSS server, they would order 1, then have to order the other.

What I do for fee webhosting that I will include with purchases over a certain dollar amount, in their welcome email, I will also give the a coupon code worth the price of a particular hosting plan. If they want a higher priced plan, then the coupon code will subtract off the price of the lower priced hosting plan.

You could create a clan package for 4 servers. The in your order form for that package, ask for the info for each of the 4 servers. However you would NOT be able to use the TCA automation for this, each server would have to be manually entered into TCA

OR

I think I might have them order 3 separate servers at your normal price, then before they order the 4th, give them a coupon code that would discount the 4th server.

These are not really TCA limitations, but rather limitations of MB and the same for CE or WHMCE.

Archived