UT3 cfg

leetservers

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started on a config, it makes the game fine (lol) but I dont think it likes the game much.

Basically the command line looks like this;

server DM-Shangrila?game=UTGame.DeathMatch?MaxPlayers=%slots% ini=DefaultGame.ini log=Dedicatedserver.log port=%serverport% multihome=%serverip%

I have it set up like that so hopefully UT3 is smart enough to load the defaultgame.ini, where you can edit the actual settings of the game, instead of adjusting the game via command line for every little game tweak. I tried to put the defaultgame.ini in the actual config but it wouldnt save (not sure why) so I just made it in actual TCAdmin config editor (I just copied and pasted the defaultgame.ini)

If anyone can help build this, that would be awesome.

Unreal Tournament 3(3).txt

Hey All. Im new to TCADMIN so Ive yet to figure out how to make a config file for it but here's a WORKING command line posted by Jeff Morris from EPIC. Hope this helps you all out :)

server DM-Arsenal?game=UTGame.UTDeathmatch?GameMode=0?MaxPlayers=16?NumPublicConnections=16?NumOpenPublicConnections=16?numplay=8 -multihome=66.55.137.38 -port 7777 -unattended -login=USERNAME -password=YOURPASSWORD -log=GameServers.log -nohomedir

I recommend not setting the gametype or map in the command line, this way users can edit these setting in their .ini

Here is an example: server GameMode=0?MaxPlayers=14?NumPublicConnections=14?NumOpenPublicConnections=16? -multihome=208.100.14.179 -port 7777 -unattended -login=stealthservers -password=***** -log=GameServers.log -nohomedir

Also for a default config you may want to consider removing "numplay=8" this will create bots in the server.

If anyone needs me to upload our config let me know. It is working perfectly. However I assume most of you figured things out.

Anyways let me know

--Brad

I recommend not setting the gametype or map in the command line, this way users can edit these setting in their .ini

Here is an example: server GameMode=0?MaxPlayers=14?NumPublicConnections=14?NumOpenPublicConnections=16? -multihome=208.100.14.179 -port 7777 -unattended -login=stealthservers -password=***** -log=GameServers.log -nohomedir

Also for a default config you may want to consider removing "numplay=8" this will create bots in the server.

If anyone needs me to upload our config let me know. It is working perfectly. However I assume most of you figured things out.

Anyways let me know

--Brad

I need to talk to you about something brad. Shoot me an email please, war at codoriginalservers.com

ribshap

I loaded your config file and the game server starts fine but it acts like its not loading a map. I have it set to interact with the desktop and it comes up but I cant connect to the server. Did you have the issue? Also is there going to be an official game config released soon?

George

A default commandline should look something like this

server DM-Arsenal?game=UTGame.UTDeathmatch?GameMode=0?bShouldAdvertise=True?bIsDedicated=True?MaxPlayers=14?NumPublicConnections=14?NumOpenPublicConnections=14? -multihome=xx.xx.xx.xx -port 7777 -login=<yourloginname> -password=<yourpassword> -log=GameServers.log -queryport=6500 -nohomedir -unattended

thanks to all for working on this hard config.

I am having some problems to host this game.

I miss the tcadmin game compatiblity and also players are asking for custom commands line and rcon commands in the panel.

Anyone have a customized working and tested config with this info ?

thanks in advance

We need to do some work on the query. Apparently there is a way to set the query port now.

But rcon was never part of any of the UT based games.

Not sure if this helps ECF. You may have already read this.

The server uses the GameSpy query Protocol ( v4 ) which can be queried with qstat e.g.

qstat -R -gs4 <ip>:<port>

http://wiki.unrealadmin.org/FAQ:UT3#Query_Protocol

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use