BattleField 1942 problem, help needed!

Cybex

I am trying to run a BF1942 server, but when I set it as a service in TCADMIN it ends the map in about a minute and then spawns a new server (while map restarts).

When I load BF1942_w32ded.exe manually, then than that doesnt happen. Server runs smooth then.

What could be wrong here?

• 1 year later...

I am having some DC Final issues right now and have not pin pointed the issue. There will be a million BF1942 exe opens after some time. I think it is a combination of issues causing it and am working on resolving it. TCAdmin support has been very helpful in getting this resolved.

I would post some Screenshots of what happens when the server starts a new one. If you have any logs or SS it would be helpful in getting it resolved.

I am trying to run a BF1942 server, but when I set it as a service in TCADMIN it ends the map in about a minute and then spawns a new server (while map restarts).

When I load BF1942_w32ded.exe manually, then than that doesnt happen. Server runs smooth then.

What could be wrong here?

Try increasing the "Stop Delay (Seconds):" setting for BF2. Default is 3 seconds and this may not be enough time for BF2 to load the next map.

I ran it on the desktop fine just now and tried with TCAdmin and it spawned more servers. Set the round time to 1 minute and you can see it real quick.

Here is running it from the desktop, I bet TCAdmin thinks the server has crashed and starts a new one.

Running on the desktop, 1 minute rounds

tca.jpg

tca2.jpg

tca3.jpg

tca4.jpg

This support ticket basically sums it up for everyone wondering.

Do this:

- Disable the game server in TCAdmin and run the game server manually.

- Look in the task manager. Write down the game server's process id somewhere.

- Check the task manager again in 30 minutes. You will see the original process does not exist. This is because the original process kills itself and starts a new process. They probably did this to fix a memory leak.

Games like command and conquer renegade that start a second process are supported because the original process never kills itself. There is no way to know that the new process belonged to the original process because when the original process kills itself the process tree is broken.

Look at this game review:

http://www.gamerswanted.com/PC/2924/news/490/

The server program actually QUITS when it cycles maps, rendering popular server monitor/restarting programs like Fire Daemon and ServerDoc, totally USELESS due how their mechanics work. Lets thank DICE’s for their deviation of standard server console function.

Also look at the main page of serverdoc page:

NOTE: Serverdoc will not correctly run AVP2Server, BF1942/VN

We will have to remove them from the list of supported games in our website.

Luis Alvarenga

TCAdmin - The Game Hosting Control Panel

http://www.tcadmin.com

BTW, anyone know if you have to do something in particular to get the game server to register with GameSpy and ASE? I've opened the ports (using the default ones) but they still only show up in-game. I know this might be the wrong forum but I thought I'd try :)

Archived