err, yea I'm a n00b, looking for the login

Shannon

I'm building up quite a post count, lol. Anywho, my question is once it's installed where to access the login screen. I've installed it on my remote server, and all I have so far is my ip to use. I can still access the login though I would think, just need some guidance.

Thank-you

Shannon

If you installed as a virtual website the url formatting will be as follows:

http://xx.xx.xx.xx/tcadmin

Replacing xx with your ip address.

If you installed as the default website you can drop the /tcadmin from the end.

Also if you assigned the website to a port other than 80 then you will need to add the port number to the url as well like this:

http://xx.xx.xx.xx:pp

replacing pp with your port number

Once you have accessed the login page. Refer to your manual for the default login information.

If you have any problems you can contact me via MSN at msn@tcadmin.com

Well, this is what I did, I upload to server, ran the proggie(remote desktop), create database etc...I'm not a complete n00b, I know my around a puter, I think, just having my own dedicated is new for me :smile:

Anyway, I was thinking it would install all files to my "default site", but I guess I was wrong.

I need to read up a bit. I'll figure it out.

Thank-you

Shannon

If you want to use TCAdmin using the default port 80 do this:

1- Stop de default IIS web site

2- Run the configuration utility until you get to this screen:

webconfig.JPG

3- Select "Create a Website", select the IP you want to use to access the TCAdmin Control Panel and port 80. Click on create

after doing this you should be to access the control panel using http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Ok, I get that window, but I don't have the options to create the website. The program I'm using is the one I downloaded from the site, not the link that was in my email, or does that make a difference? I guess I can always rent from you guy's. I'm installing as monitor and web server, or is that were I'm going wrong?

Thank-you

I know your really busy with the TCAdmin premiere today, and I just want you to know I really appreciate the help!

Shannon

*Edit* Just figured it out, I need to choose server, not monitor/server.

Im trying to setup a the master monitor on my webserver. I've ran through the installer several times. It brings up the console and all seems well but i can't connect. It shows "access denied" in the console and loads a blank page in my web browser.

Any ideas?

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">P??Gam??g</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

Im trying to setup a the master monitor on my webserver. I've ran through the installer several times. It brings up the console and all seems well but i can't connect. It shows "access denied" in the console and loads a blank page in my web browser.

Any ideas?

</td></tr></table>

Are you using Windows 2000 or Windows 2003?

If you are using windows 2000 you might have to run Enable_ASP_NET.BAT located in your TCAdmin installation folder.

If you are using 2003 you will have to run Enable_ASP_NET.BAT and also go to Administrative Tools>Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager. Navigate down to <COMPUTER NAME> > Web Service Extensions. Right click on ASP.NET v1.1.4322 and select "Allow".

*edit* Can you create a support ticket at http://support.tcadmin.com and post a creenshot of your console error.

Make sure you have the monitor running before trying to login. If it's not the login will fail. The default login as printed in the manual. Since the passwords are encrypted you cannot change them in the database.

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">Shannon</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

Woohoo! got it, now I'll be damn if I'm having probs logging in. It won't take the defualt. Where is the database that it creates so I can look it up? I don't think I change the default, but ya never know..

</td></tr></table>

You can't change the password directly in the database because the values are encrypted. Make sure you are running the monitor in console mode the first time you run it just in case any errors show up. To do this go to Start > Programs > TCAdmin Control Panel > Start Monitor in Console Mode.

If you are running it as a service make sure you stop the service first.

Yea, I forgot about the monitor, I started it and yea, I got some errors.

4/26/2005 9:01:12 AM : Remote.InstanceCreator.GetPluginFromServer: Invalid URI:

The hostname could not be parsed.

4/26/2005 9:01:12 AM : SDKObjectBase.Find: Could not create Database Manager.

4/26/2005 9:01:12 AM : Error while starting services: Could not get a list of co

nfigured services. This could be because the database is down or the master moni

tor is down.

Well, that I'm almost a pro at install, I'll start it over and see if it works this time :smile:

Thank-you

Shannon

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">ECF</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

Support is contacting you Shannon. Check your email :smile:

You too ProGaming :grin:

</td></tr></table>

Shannon would have to create an account before we can contact him :razz:

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">Shannon</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

Ok, I have reinstalled TC, started the monitor, no errors, and it still wont accept the default login/pass.

:sad:

</td></tr></table>

What are you using as the login?

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">ECF</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

Ok, I have reinstalled TC, started the monitor, no errors, and it still wont accept the default login/pass.

:sad:

</td></tr></table>

What are you using as the login?

</td></tr></table>

The default in the instructions...can I post it?

Archived