"TCAdmin Does not support VPS"

Johnny5_Hull

HI Guys, good to be here.

Anywho, just a quick question regarding requirements.

In the requiremenst section, there is the following comment as a footer...

** The use of VPS or "virtual" dedicated servers is not supported by TCAdmin.

I was curious as there was no ** next to any text.

The reason being is that I was looking to use a vps server as my master server, and I cant see why there would be issues doing so.

Is this a case of you dont offer support (in a help desk fasion) for vps servers. ?

or

That the TCAdmin app will not run on a VPS server

or

Is it that you dont support the use of VPS servers as game serevrs.

Clarification of the statement would be great, thanks in advance.

Using a VPS for your master is a very bad idea IMO. The performance of your server is going to be dependent on other people's usage of the server in addition to your own. Plus, you are going to need a lot of disk space to hold the master server files and am unsure as to how much HDD you are allocated with that plan.

Thanks for that.

As long as Im clear on whether its possible.

It will be our own VPS server I was going to use as we supply vps', so can ensure that resources are available, also it would be easier for me to provision ;)

I do see where your coming from though, I think its just January laziness on my part tbh ;)

While you may run your Master on a VPS we simply will not provide any support for it. The reason being is people have tried to do this in the past and we have found the results are very poor and 99.9% of the time the VPS cause some sort of issue.

While you may run your Master on a VPS we simply will not provide any support for it. The reason being is people have tried to do this in the past and we have found the results are very poor and 99.9% of the time the VPS cause some sort of issue.

Fantastic. Thanks for that.

:D

Archived