GMod Update

kalyse

Anyone having problems if you host this game, with getting TCAdmin updater to generate the zip.

The window freezes out on me. I am guessing its because this update is huge and there are way to many hundred files to monitor for the update?

Could this be the cause. At the moment, I think the only option is for clients to do a full reinstall.

Theres no immediate hurry so I will leave it running for the next 4 hours, already been about an hour AFTER the update has already started, and the list of changed files hasnt been displayed yet.

I have done this twice now, both times freezes/hangs.

Thanks

Yep, I saw that one. I renamed it accordingly, but in the server console there are all sorts of errors, I think because they've contained everything in quotes and braces, it's definitely not much of a config file. What about all the usual stuff you set in source games, does none of this apply to this mod, as there isn't much in this config!

Perhaps I am missing something here and if I am I would love it if someone would enlighten me. But it doesn’t seem like the update generator would work on this update unless you a least tell your clients. “Tuff luck you are loosing all your customization work”

Given they redid the file structure for the update. The old files must be moved to the new location, and the tcadmin settings must be rewritten for the client for the new version of GMOD to work.

Me and my staff ended up doing this by hand for each of our clients on this update. If there is a way to auto change all users startup settings and move there old files prior too doing an update please do tell. It was a pain doing it to several hundred servers last night and not looking forward to when they make the orangebox switch on the other source games.

I love this comment by Garry about the 1st update he put out yesterday.

Multiplayer: The problem being that it doesn't work. Dedicated servers don't work either. I'm 90% sure that this is something Valve has to tamper with, but I'll be looking into it more today.

• 5 months later...

Here you go, tested and working.

You'll probably find a number of custom mods defined along with it, that you'll want to remove for a default install. Also there are some install/uninstall scripts in the connfig for firewall settings you might not want.

I'm going to stop offering this game soon, it completely rips the crap out of your cpu, and gobbles up huge amounts of disk space once people start uploading mods. A very unstable game which crashes regularly and not worth the trouble imo.

:)

HL2_-_Garry's_Mod_10.txt

IMO, GMod is not worth it. Clients can create as many bots as they like and it will eat up an entire server in seconds. I would recommend tieing them to a single core and if they do create a million bots it will only lag their server out and not others.

Archived