mani admin

mindaugas

I'm having trouble getting mani admin to work. Every time I install it and the server crashes when a user joins. CSS runs fine without it though. I have downloaded the latest version (as of today 8/16). Any ideas? Is there a specific way of installing it? Thanks!

oh ya, I've tried installing to the game install dir and also the user directory. Also restarted the cp service. Maybe I need a different config file for the game?

no, and I've been doing a lot of research, apparently the update that Valve recently released hoses Mani, so I dunno if ther eis a fix yet. Weird thing is not many people seem to have issues and like I said other servers I have are running great. This one has the latest and greatest versions and screw up. The game without Mani installed runs great but with it, it screws up. I get the error shown at this page: http://dev.mindaugas.us/images/css-error.gif

Thanks everyone in advance for any light shed on the situation.

Try this. Log into the server that the game is running on. Open open your windows services list and locate the Source server that is having the problem in the list. Right click on the service and click properties. Then click on the Log On Tab at the top. Change from "Local System Account" to "This Account"

and fill in the administrator account login and password in the fields. Right click the service and start it. Verify that it runs correctly then right click and stop it. Go back to the properties for the service and change the Log On back to Loacl System Account. Then restart the service and check that it is ok.

YEEEESSS!!!! It works. DEP was the issue, thanks guys! I knew it was something stupid. Woulda never thought of that tho. Resource I owe you a cookie or beer or something. Thanks man.

No problem, if you run more then one CSS server you have to add scrds.exe for each server in the DEP options screen.

Or you can also change the general DEP setting to windows services only.

I know DEP blocks for some obscure reason the mani admin pluging, so if you install other gaming services and they block, always check DEP.

Archived