A few Pre Sale Q's if i may

mnporetr2001

Hi All

I wish to complement my web hosting business by starting a game hosting business.

Now i do play online games and have come across your software at user level.

Questions:

I will be needing a new windows dedi server for this, do i need to worry about bandwidth limits as although i play i never really thought about this?

Having read the features section of this software am i to understand that providing i have uploaded the relevent game files to the dedi server the software will install the game and user panel rather like my web host manger does for my hosting clients?

Thanks in advance

Mark

It would be a good place to start Mark if you do not know the ins and outs of gamehosting. Using one of the dedicated Datacenter providers on that page will give you a pre-setup server with everything you need to start installing games.

Of course, you can go it alone as well, but it takes quite a bit of work to get things setup, and yes, you do need to upload game files and such.

I use a smaller server with 2 drives in it for my TCA master server. This server runs the TCAdmin control website and on the 2nd drive, contains all the game files. I also run my voice servers on this same system. Then I use TCA Remotes for additional larger systems to run the actual game servers themselves on. This does not mean that you cannot run game servers on your master server, but if you are planning on having multiple servers, I would not recommend it.

Since you are planning on reselling game servers, you have 2 options. You may use your own server, and purchase a license here from TCAdmin. Then you will need to load all the files for games you are planning on hosting onto your server. Then you will need to configure each of them.

Or you can get a server from one of the providers listed at the link swish posted, http://www.tcadmin.com/dedicated.php These providers have a proven history of using and configuring TCAdmin and most have many game files all ready set up for your use. NOTE: Since you are planning to resell servers, only the providers listed with an * are able to provide you with a TCAdmin license that allows for reselling.

Also welcome to TCAdmin, you will not be disappointed with it. Plus even tho we are all competitors in the business, everyone here is more than willing to help someone out.

Archived