Server Control

Sturmtc

if you mean the actual licence changed to somebody else, then i'm not 100% sure how its done.

If you mean a server (dedi box) or a service (game / voice server) then you can easily change which user they belong to by a drop down list under the server or service settings.

a Service (as in game server) will need a Restart for the change to be done, but a server (dedi box) will update immediately without any restart required.

my apologies, my question wasn't very well written... my question is basically on a dedicated server box, if i wished to hand over the responsibilities of payment and administration to another clan member... though this is not an immediate concern, basically could it be switched from my licence to his, or could i just turn over the licence to his account without interruption

i know i can add others as another admin, but if the case were to arise in that i was no longer doing those responsibilities, my account would probably be removed. and another would have to be set as the primary account... so is this doable without needing to re-install TC?

You can leave the license in your name and let your clan mate pay the bills each month?

I know the person you are talking about, and they were banned from these forums and all of our webservers.

Our company does not want to do business with the individul, and if I find you ordered it simply to give it to this person I will cancel the account and send a refund, then ban your IP as well.

you misunderstand my intentions... if the case is that i am no longer in charge of the server aspects... i want the liscence to change names and billing information... otherwise someone else would have access to my billing information and i do not trust anyone enough to have that kind of access...

the fact is i intend on personally paying and running for it until i move in December... my question was meant for afterwards because i may be without internet for months, at that time would i be able to transfer the liscence without interruption? If not... I suppose I could just keep the billing and assign other admins to manage everything....

I respect your right to choose your customers and would never attempt to loophole that right. That being said... you offer one of the better products in this market, my clan needs a product like the one you offer... because one of our members did something stupid (I assume), would you not do business with anyone who has had any form of contact with that person?

I again apologize for the misconception... but I would like to point out that in my previous post I was questioning about transferring the liscence to someone else's TCadmin account... which obviously wouldn't be to someone who has been banned... again I apologize, but I do not see how I gave you that impression

Unfortunately, leased licenses cannot be transferred. Another person would need to order a new license under their name and info.

However, you would not need to re-install the software or any of the servers you have already setup, you would simply need to do a license key switch at that point.

Archived